What's new

help help help. . . . . . . .

S

stevo

hey folks i in trouble i not mechanically minded in the slightest so please answer in english :( .. i have my silvia a few months now and few lil mods done has blitz filter,blitz bov,nismo cat back exhaust, 5zigen de-cat and a manual boost controller the car was boosting at .5 bar standard and when put on boost controller i set it .6 bar(nothin mental) so it been like that for over 2 months but on thurs night the boost dropped to .4 :cry:and car has very lil kick at the min so took bleed valve off and problem still there it also has a more pronounced turbo whine anyone got any idea's????? mechanic said turbo ain't gone and all boost pipes are ok, someone suggesteed actuator or blockage in actuator pipes but i don't no any help much appreciated.... thanks steven :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I'd say actuator or a crack in the WMIC pipes :nod: The S15 should boost 0.7 bar standard....

Keep an eye of that turbo noise though...

S

stevo

my car never boosted that high and neither do any of the other standard silvia's i no.... and the spool up noise only came in since thurs and just drove car there and boost bearly hittin .4 bar now is there any visible signs that actuator is gone and wmic pipes crack often on standard coolers....

P

pablo

mine boosted 0.7 and with basic breathing mods increased naturally

P

pablo

Is the actuator rod firmly connected to the wastegate?

Ull have to take the heat shield off to see but it should be obvious if its not on right.

P

pablo

So uve definitly lost boost then? Id reccomend removing your boost controller and seeing if it then run std boost.

S

stevo

car was only ever runnin .5 bar standard when i got it and i took it off soon as i noticed problem and still not runnin standard boost i checkin wmic pipes tomo for any hairline cracks or anythin

B

Bry

Mine was running 0.7bar pretty much standard,then I fitted a Blitz front pipe and de-cat and now runs 0.8bar

S

stevo

so could this problem have existed when i got car first and crack got larger or could actuator have been on its way out since i bought car????? sorry if these are stupid questons:(

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Most likely.

My S14 had a buggered actuator when I first got it, and I couldn't get it to boost over 0.7 bar maximum. I'd be inclined to get a HKS adjustable actuator (cheaper than the Nissan original) and use that as your boost controller. Even if its not the actuator, it'll be much more stable at holding boost.

Cracks in the IC are very common.

P

pablo

buy a front mount and new actuator etc and then take a new set of pants out with yourself on your first drive

S

stevo

well lads got up today at first light and stripped i/c piping an checked every mm of it and found nothin and i also checked the rubber hoses round actuator and still nothin so i more confused than ever car was fine on min then i got to other side of a speed bump and put foot down and heard difference in spool up sound :confused::confused:

B

baynz

yes mines the same as ichi-go, 0.7 usually, sometimes spike to 0.9

S

stevo

any other idea's as to solving the problem guys i not even drivin the car now............

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
You can't tell a weak actuator from looking at its pipes. Its the arm pressure which get weak. You won't get to that without taking the heat shield off. It you can pull the arm out of the actuator with a pair of long nosed pliers: its fooked.

If you've got differences in spool up sound, it could be your turbo gasket on its way out...