What's new

Help needed for a 1999 Silvia SR20DE, S15, S Spec non turbo

C

crash69

Looking for some info on the following. Its a 1999 Silvia SR20DE, S15, S Spec

The motor is a Non Turbo version, has an older type distributor that contains the coil, power transistor and crank sensor all built in, does not have any coil packs in the rocker cover

1). There is an engine code 65F 3R Anyone know the specs for this motor? Definately has a engine number beginning with SR3250**. Have searched the net, but seems to be an import to the UK and no info available

2). Has a standard ECU 23710 . 85F01. Anyone got any specs or pinouts for ths ECU

3). Have searched the net and any manual refering to the S15 seems to be only turbo related. I desperately looking for an Engine and emmisions control wiring diagram

Any help or info would be much appreciated

Reaction score
Country
Hi, welcome

Sorry if this sounds a little patronizing but im going to answer your questions and your future questions. As i have owned a Spec S and a Spec R. as the Spec S question has been covered many many times on this forum.

Firstly what are you hoping to do with the car? if its turbo it or gain more HP? you will find that the simple and cheapest answer is dont, just get the Spec R. However im happy to post a how to guide to do a +T (grenade) job on a SR20DE.

Engine Specs : Factory power 165bhp, Autech did some great stuff with the NA S15, used the Spec R minus the engine and the made the NA engine approx 200bhp. that version has AUTECH where the others have Spec S or Spec R badges.

Power gains will be small unless you put in better cams, higher compression, free flow header, bigger injectors, aftermarket computer, and new tune. Thousands of dollars later you might have the power of the Spec R, but it will be a horrible road car and only good under load.

A sealed cold air box, De-cat and some free flow headers( very few headers actually extract well like the HKS or Fujitsubo ones), and a good NA muffler will get you a small gain but nothing to rave about.

Body stiffening is a great idea as the Spec S came with stuff all. Strut bars are a great help, and coilovers. 99% of spec S came with open diffs so getting your hands on a R200 LSD head is a great idea.

The brakes are basic Nissan single pot calipers some people think they are 2pot fronts but they are not. The Spec S and Spec R share the same rear brakes. But the Spec R has Cast 4pot fronts and a larger master cylinder & booster. Spec S has the same brakes as a Primera or any basic Nissan.

I hope this is of some help to you.
IF you have any other questions, just search this forum and you will most likely find that it has been asked before.

ECU pinouts ( im not sure if this covers the NA or just the Turbo only)

C

crash69

Thanks for the info. Im going to use the motor in a Midget dirt track car, [turbos are not allowed] just usuall head, cam, injection and other engine mods.
Also looked at the wiring table you sent definately doesnt match the ECU that I have as pins 5,8,10,12 and 14 are not used. I will most probably have to fit an aftermarket ECU and am looking at the Microtech LT8s with coilpacks.
thanks again

Reaction score
Country
If you want a Fujitsubo Header for the engine, i have one currently for sale in the parts section.

At least if you use a microtech you can do away with the stupidly small AFM, sounds like you are going to make a beast of the DE, glad to see someone whos not trying to make a NA into a Turbo for a change.
this link wont last for long but here is a quad throttle body for a SR20DE for sale, unless you make your own.
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-M...e/Carburation-induction/auction-351398673.htm

Keeps us posted with the build....

C

crash69

Nice throttle body

Thanks for the info, as usual doing my own headers and throttle body manifold by putting on a set of throttle bodies from a Yahama R1 onto the SR20DE injector manifold, so will have a 2nd injector per pot, not sure if it will be connected to the MAPS or TPS setpoints yet. Other mods will be a 5 1/4" clutch. should reduce rotating weight quite considerably, a decent set of coil packs etc. Not turning it into a NA monster, but something thats reliable and would rather spend time setting up suspension and reducing weight to get it faster around the track.