What's new

help

D

D BOY

:annoyed::annoyed::annoyed:

ok ive just spent about three hours on the computer trying to find the best parts for me

but i need help

first on the list is fmic ( best make to get/price)
exhaust, turbo pipe, manifold, de-cat. dont need sound just performance
injectors. what size?? i havnt got a clue
fuel pump, are ther different sizes??
ecu - remap or complete new ecu?? what the price differences?? i plan to go to about 400bhp

i then need suspention, clutch, brakes. and the list goes on and on.

help please

sorry for the long post, i just dont know where to start

Reaction score
firstly...

FMIC, the greddy ones are reasonably priced, and do the job well...Apex performance also do a kit, they're exactly the same as the Greddy ones, just cheaper!

Exhaust.... can't really compare, but i've got an Apex performance 3" turbo elbow, Blitz stainless 3" down pipe, 3" decat, believe it's for a GTR R32 and exhaust, i've got the HKS silent Hi-power. Noting that if you're going performance orientated.... is this because you're planning on takin' it on track? If so, i'd seriously consider the HKS exhaust, purely for the fact that it easily passes the sound reg's of most tracks these days!

injectors, Nismo 740cc... fit straight in, only need new O-rings (which should always be replaced when injectors are removed anyhow) and obviously mapping to suit the bigger CC..... the reason i say 740's over 550's is because if purchased from Japan, they're only about ?20 dearer for the 4, with much more potential if need be!

Fuel pump, walbro, does the job more than adequately and, fairly quiet in comparison to others.

ECU, depends on what sorta levels you wanna go to though, alot of people with SX's use Jez from horesham developments for a custom re-map.

Then you've got the likes of the d-jetro which removes the MAF for a MAP sensor.... but, you've gotta find someone to map it whom you trust/has a good rep'!

D

D BOY

thats the sort of info i need, thanks very much

i plan to have it as a track car but want it to be a complete car if you get what i mean, i dont wanna cut corners and want it to be perfect (if there can be such a thing)

any more ideas on more upgrades to get to the power figure i want??

Reaction score
400bhp, you'd need a new turbo, and more boost....

cams, valve springs, new head gasket..... even then i think you'd not quite make it. Which would then be costly as in building the bottom end with forged pistons and rods.

Plus then, you've got the gearbox.... no one knows if they're gonna suffer from the circlip failure or not....

Personally, i think a well mapped car at 320bhp, and you being able to drive it at it's limits will be more satisfying and quicker than a 400bhp car you'll be worrying about every pop and bang that shouldn't happen. 320bhp-ish can be made with the standard turbo, at about 1.2bar.... which is about the limits of the turbo....

D

D BOY

320 sounds about right then, but if its the limit of the turbo i may as well upgrade it so it wont go bang

how much does a uprated rebuild go for??

Reaction score
for what? turbo or block???

a new turbo will cost about ?800 and depending on block spec... can start from roughly about ?1600.....up to what ever you want really!

the standard turbo will run 1.2 comfortably.... getting a bigger turbo will result in more lag...

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
330 upwards and you'll need a new turbo... I'd agree, you'll probably be quite happy with 320-330.

Try THS Performance for the turbo elbow and flexi front pipe. ?130 for both. I've got them and one of their manis. Excellent quality :)

When it comes to parts, Nissan or tuning, have a read of the two stickys in the Traders section first :)

Reaction score
Gotta agree with Nicely 330bhp will be plenty enough fun.
THS Parts have some top stuff,I too have some of their gear and it is good quality.:thumbs:
I'm running my boost at 1.2 and it will sit there all day with no problems,I do have a Power FC ECU as well for the extra fuel needed, the tuning company I used said the boost was no problem for the set up I have and the car runs sweetly.:nod: