What's new

hi from somerset

Reaction score
Country
hi all im new to all this so bare with me. im matt im from lancashire but work in somerset as an aeronautical engineering technician (helicopter mechanic) i bought my x reg s15 in december last year trading in my 05 civic type r ep3 with 10k less miles on it than the silvia which i have to admit felt abit wierd but it had to be done, as i soon realised fwd is for the weak after my mate let me have a go in his s13. she came with an aftermarket body kit already fitted and a cat back exhaust system and some skyline gtst wheels which im going to eventually spray black wish i could of got her with the r34 gtr alloys she was auctioned with as they looked the muts nuts.
heres some pics of her hope they work:

im very new to the modding scene but since ive bought this car i decided i want to do most of the stuff myself so far after gaining info from this forum (which im very greatfull for and hope to pay back with some writeups of my own maybe) ive:
- fitted a HID kit of which ive got a spare as they decided to send me two by accident
- fitted an aftermarket boost gauge as the oem one kept dying on me
- fitted an aftermarket cone filter for that lovely induction noise and flutter (yes im a noise whore)
- extended the breather pipe on the gearbox and overfilled it could only get hold of comma oil at the time im still deciding weather to go for redline lightweight shockproof or not as the comma oil is doing ok for now
- had racelogic traction control fitted by regal autosport who although are vauxhall and vag experts took on the challange and so far so good its has to be the best mod ill ever get for my car means i can plant my foot and get all the power possible into the road and wen i want to go sideways i turn it off apparently it would be even better if i got a wheel speed sensor on each rear wheel mine only has one for the abs on the diff which i assume is normal
ive currently just finished fixing up a badger dent and doing some touch ups. looking into getting a silenced decat soon as the japspeed fella at japfest last weekend kindly offered me 20% off the one for the s13 which i gather is the one to fit the s15 next job is to lower the ride hight a little to help the wheels sit in the arches better i think i want to go for the apex comphys coil overs as it is my daily driver so i dont want anything to harsh. eventually im looking for about 280bhp apparenlty thats best for standard injectors to me its more about how it will drive and pull rather than a figure on a dyno sheet (if it feels fast then its fast) im open to advice on any of this.
im looking at joining the sxoc soon and hope to go to the southwest car fest with them which ive never done before but would like to do this more often
so if anyone wants to meet up at an event or just a meet giv me a shout ive still yet to meet another s15 owner.

Reaction score
Country
howdy mate, loads of events and meets coming up! get yourself to one of them! i recommend JAE :)
also, is your car red or is it my computer? if it is, then awesome! havent seen a red one yet :D

Reaction score
Country
ye dude loving the s15 miss my type r's gearbox though gear changes were much better but she makes up for it with the pull the noise and the looks you get when your out and about. i do work in yeovil you around that way then?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If you think the box is sloppy try and source a C's short shifter. Makes a world of difference and feels tight as a.... :)

Reaction score
Country
yeh shes flame red dude hopefully you'll get to see it in the flesh if your going to JAE it looks a good show so ill be trying to make it there cheers for the heads up love the fact you brought another 15 back to life thats some dedication

Reaction score
Country
no im from frome in somerset mate but my mate works at a place in yeovil to the same job as you thought maybe you might know him :)

Reaction score
Country
If you think the box is sloppy try and source a C's short shifter. Makes a world of difference and feels tight as a.... :)
i did look at getting one of those actually but not had any luck finding one so concentrated on making the gearbox smoother so far so good, do you use redline lightweight shockproof in your box? im still deciding weather to upgrade to that next as ive heard good and bad things about it like its not for road use and it damages syncros ect ive also heard short shifters can damage syncros but dont know how true that is has yours caused you any trouble?

Reaction score
Country
no im from frome in somerset mate but my mate works at a place in yeovil to the same job as you thought maybe you might know him :)
does he work at RNAS yeovilton or augusta westlands? your not that far from me then u going to the southwest car fest next month? dont know if youd be interestd but i found out today that early in june around 16th my airbase is apparently letting people boot there car down the runway for a contribution probably to raise money for help for heroes and i think they get a lazer on you to get your speed not shure if they mark out a 1/4 mile and do times aswell id have to find out more info on it if your interested.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Ahh so this is the allusive red 15 in Yeovil! Looking good pal, saw some of the pics from the weekend on stalkbook, i know greg with the 14! Ill have to pop along next time, or when my ankles useable again! :)

Reaction score
Country
ahh my reputation exceeds me. thanks ive got loads of plans for her shes getting all motd and serviced for winter whilst i hybernate a bit damn xmas stops me spending money on my car having to buy all these presents. you from yeovil then? yeah gregs sound looks like his 14s coming along well amazing what some new wheels and a little lowering can do we shall have to organise a little s chassis get together if your local my mates got a black 14 with white wheels dont know if uve seen it?

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Ha! Yeah I keep getting texts along the line of "theres a silvia in tesco!" Always in tesco!! Yeah i Yeovil just over the road from Westlands. Yeah christmas as well as other things are putting a stop to my spending to! Yeah definitely have to get them all together, i've got an aero bumper and rear spats going on hopefully before christmas, so she'll be a different animal then! Dont think i've seen that one, i've seen a green one with a cage in and orange wheels though!

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Welcome to the club mate, happy modding :) loads of us have written start to finish guides from changing a filter to complete refurbishment so theres no reason not to have a go yourself ;)

Reaction score
Country
hey dude saw you going past tescos the other day looking sweet was in the wifes fabia vrs unfortunately ye my mates 14a is a tidy motor i think ive seen that green one only once or twice i think its one of the blokes who works at car struck but cant be shure. theres quite a few s chassis down here really nice to know ours are rarer tho so we still stand out from the crowd. do you know hugo then?

Reaction score
Country
off subject, but what helicopter are you working on? Im a crew chief on hh-60 pavehawk. Car looks nice, good luck with the mods.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I work on helicopters too, but not at Westlands. Although I have been there on a course! And I've got a Fabia VRS! :) Good choices going on here!!

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
ahhh... you all work on toys :p 747 / 767 goodness all the way!

Mike

Reaction score
Country
hey dude saw you going past tescos the other day looking sweet was in the wifes fabia vrs unfortunately ye my mates 14a is a tidy motor i think ive seen that green one only once or twice i think its one of the blokes who works at car struck but cant be shure. theres quite a few s chassis down here really nice to know ours are rarer tho so we still stand out from the crowd. do you know hugo then?
Hello mate! I'll have to keep me eye out for a vrs didnt see you! Cheers though! :) Shes all working now! New starter, tires etc sorted! Na don't know the guy, I saw it up car struck so must be the same car! I was up there trying to get a quote on spraying my spats and bumper, they wouldn't even quote me!

Ref the chopper question! I work on EH101 at the moment or Merlin or AW101 as they call the VIP version, done the rounds on the apache, chinook, lynx to over the years too though!