What's new

hi newbie from sittingbourne

J

J.C.AUTOSPARES

hi have been a member for while now but had to much going on to focus on rebuilding my car just started, but i have a little problem and would appreciate any help. ther is a bottle like thing behind passenger headlight it has like little bit of coal in bottom its black and has 2 pipes coming out of top, and is sitting on top of the chassis leg what is this and how can i replace
thats the only thing to start finishing her just dont want to run and cause any damage

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
It's the carbon canister. You can ditch this although you will need to create a loop between the hard pipes when you remove it as this effectively vents vapour from the fuel tank.

You can also remove the vacuum pipe which runs from plenum to the canister although you'll need to block this off at the plenum end.

Do a search on 'carbon canister' and you'll get more explanations on how to remove.

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Wow a local s15. Welcome along mate :) as James said removing the canister is easy, you just need a bit of 6 or 8mm hose and some zipties. Where abouts are you in sitingbourne?

J

J.C.AUTOSPARES

im in murston sittingbourne, had my silvia for 6 months only just getting chance to get sorted still needs alot done n front end but just want to get her on the road before mot runs out, taxed it for a year last month so she can sit out on the road if mot runs out lmao. not sure weather there is anyone to help im having problems with the headlights due to front damage n/s headlight was nothing left of it so after spending months trying to find one i ended up buying the fish eyes from japan but have the indicator bulbs and holders missing so don't know what to do about that ?? and im going to try to put my hid bulbs in them worked that one out just got dremel them a bit lol, but doesn't seem to have any side lights ??

any help very much appreciated

J

J.C.AUTOSPARES

will do mate need to get to know a thew people and maybe make some friends, as they say we all gotta start somewhere ! can not wait wanna get drifting lol,

J

J.C.AUTOSPARES

Just got her running now waiting for headlight from America shouldn't be long but just having problems mounting my inter cooler and bumper have no brackets or bumper support any help / advice would be appreciated cheers

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
Is it a front mount intercooled? If it is it won't attach to the bumper support bracket at all, just the core support. Also the bumper really needs a support as otherwise you have nothing to hold it up in the middle, the sides just bolt to the wings so that's not a problem...