What's new

how do i wrap stuff in the carbon sticker stuff

sx-si

Reaction score
ok this fiddlie sticky sheet of pretend carbon fiber is driving me bonkers

im trying to wrap my stero surround in it and its not working too well
basiclly i can do the smooth front bits but when it comes to corners it isnt flexable enough to stick and flaps up

i seriously dont have a clue how i will do the ciggy lighter and hazzard holes

been thinking about yusing my heat gun on it but i think ill just melt it trying to stop it creasing

a little help please :wack:

Reaction score
you have to heat it up mate, this makes it much more flexible, i know thats what happens with the 3m one ive used, proper horrible job though mate and you have to be patient, all i done was crx b pillar trims and in reality they are pretty flat anyway!

sx-si

Reaction score
lol yeah its the 3m stuff

ohh well gues ill start again with the heat gun tomorrow, expect fire and melted plastic on my fingers :D

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
James LuPix has done this recently and it looks really good so I'm sure he can help you.

Reaction score
its awesome stuff when done right, it in some ways looks so better than carbon fibre as its got a satin finish and not buried in resin and clear. I just dont have the patience for it, especially on the centre console of my car!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yeah as Craig says I've had a good play with it :)

Cut extra beyond all the edges so you always go beyond and can effectively 'wrap' the sticky stuff on the underside where you won't be able to see it once fitted.

On curved areas you have to heat gently - only literally 3 to 5 seconds and then pull to stretch the material around curved parts so there are no creases etc. Once you've stretched you can stick it down on the other side where it's not visible any way you please but once you're happy then reheat this part so it stays glued on.

I have found over time the very stretched parts like to come away from behind the part so you have to reheat or even better get some type of resin to glue it down so it never comes apart lol.

I don't bother with heat gun - the missus' hairdryer is hot enough (she loves me for taking that into the garage haha) :D