What's new

How good are these gt2871r

Reaction score
Have been talking to a guy who has offered me a 2nd hand one complete with upgraded mani, turbo elbow and a new unused screamer pipe.He bought the stuff new and used them on a drift car on had three outings and he's now for building and engine with a bigger turbo again cause he's getting his EDC license.What sort of money are they worth?Oh buy the way i just use my car for street driving maybe the odd trackday!

Reaction score
Country
hear the gt2871r is really good up too 380bhp i think.
they are pretty mush the same as the HKS GT-RS.
i've the GT-RS all i can say it amazing, thats only running 1bar there ment to be good for about 1.4bar. heard some people even run them 1.6???

really good spool up. i would go for it i know a someone how bought a gt2871r for just over 1k euros. there not cheap.

Reaction score
isn't there 2 trim's of these??? .64 and .84... or is that in the GT30's????

obviously, the .84 will have more lag but capable of more boost.

depending on how far you wanna push your car, would you see any gain over the standard turbo? surely BB turbo's are BB, the spool would'n't be quicker than standard.... 1.2bar isn't past the peak of the standard turbo... it is about it, but still it's being efficient...

Reaction score
Country
yeah you can get them in two trims .64 and .84.
ive the .64 alot less lag. it spools up just like the standard bb as it also has a .64 i think now.

think the main difference is in the compressor trims not sure.

S

sillbeers15

Depends on your intention.

If you're happy with just a bolt on turbo, the GT-RS offers amazing results.

If you intend to port your head, install bigger valves, change valve springs, valve retainers, install rocker arm stopper, replace forged pistons, conrods...the GT2871 can offer lots more when you rev higher into the 8000s and boost at 1.6 - 2.0bar even at 2.0l. These days, the ECU tuning combined with an increase in valve size can compensate the slower boost rise offered by bigger turbine to make'm drivable as daily drivers.

So, it is often not the cost of the turbo that matters...it is the built to optimize it, else you're just go'in to become a show queen with a big hair drier under your bonnet and no way to put it to good use.

J

j@garagemac

There are many differnt kinds of 2871 listed on garrets website all with different clips an trims all moving the heart of the turbo around the compressor map .

they are fantasic turbos and on a s14 i built at 1.1 bar it was making 330bhp 300lb/ft and spooling the same as the stock turbo
i would highly recomend it to anyone looking for the mid to late 300s

kind regards jamie@garagemac

B

b17duf

I had this GT2871 on my S14a and would highly recommend it. Very capable of running 1.4 bar and on my S14a with other supporting mods it produced 361bhp. It also spools very quickly (0.64 trim), producing over 300bhp @ 4000 rpm.

B17DUF

Reaction score
i take it i will need bigger injectors and an ecu with this turbo?Also what is the turbo worth the guy is trying to sell me only bout 2 months old?

J

j@garagemac

yes the car i built for a customer had full exhaust system uprated intercooler and intake .
with walbro 255 feul pump
power fc
740cc nismo injectors
and at 1.1 bar 330bhp 300lb/ft we did one run on the dyno at 1.4bar and was pushing 360bhp so when we get the headgasket on and head studs she will be a mighty yoke so she will :rotfl:

kind regards jamie

Reaction score
Country
you should check the prices on apexperformance think they sell them.
and yes you will need injectors, ecu and z32 AFM. stage one cams are recommended but not essencial.

J

j@garagemac

i am a tuner yes but very rarely say anthing as not to upset the mods and other traders but i will be contacting the mods soon about an anouncment on my own garage :thumbs:

kind regards jamie

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Jamie, we have no problems with you trading via this forum. All we ask is that you keep specific business stuff to the Traders section :)

J

j@garagemac

thank you very much also could you change my username to j@garagemac

as garagemac is my own shop i left wrc recently to branch out on my own mainly doing 200sx and s15s

but i do alsorts of other cars

many kind regards jamie

M

mitch

I can heartily recommend Jamie for any work you can name. I do all my own mechanical work except alignment and mapping, and Jamie did a fantastic job of sorting my suspension settings on my 180 and I'll be taking my S15 to him when he's ready :thumbs: