What's new

How Many S15's are in the UK?

Reaction score
Country
Just general curiosity as to date, i've never seen another one on the roads bar mine! I've seen the odd one or two a BDC last year.

Does anyone have a rough idea how many are in the UK? It would make sense to have them all on this forum, but i know this will never be :(

Makes me feel better to think my car is rarer than the average supercar

(ps, any yorkshire members?)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I remember back in the day on the Renualt Turbo Owners club, someone found out how many Renualt 5 GTT's was still on the road, so the information is out there somewhere.. I will try and ask a few people..

I'm from Manchester way so not that far away from you. I'm heading over to York this weekend actually for TOTB. I'm running the S15 on the Saturday in the RWYB :)

Reaction score
Country
OOhhh!!!!
I just acquired a ticket for TOTB!
I'l be parked up with the YJOC Club Stand.. (Yorkshire Jap Owners Club - some of my mates)
I'l keep an eye out for you!
You'l recognise mine a mile away as its got the carbon bonnet and an aero front bumper with black plastic weld stuff holding it together haha

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
it would probably be really hard to find out a proper number of s15's over here, due to the fact that they arent all registered the same, some as silvia, some as nissan s15 etc..... maybe it could be done on chassis numbers?

i'll also settle for knowing i've only ever seen one other on the road around my way apart from at shows or meets - so rare enough :)

K

kababaka

yeh same here, not seen one on the road in the UK only at events.
Living in Japan I saw quite a few on the road. One parked just around the corner from me that NEVER got used! It was always parked there! What a waste! Friend of mine from Japan said they are now considered rare even over there...must be us UK folk buying them all up!

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
OOhhh!!!!
I just acquired a ticket for TOTB!
I'l be parked up with the YJOC Club Stand.. (Yorkshire Jap Owners Club - some of my mates)
I'l keep an eye out for you!
You'l recognise mine a mile away as its got the carbon bonnet and an aero front bumper with black plastic weld stuff holding it together haha
Ok nice one I will keep an eye open for you as well. Mine will be on the sxoc stand on the Sunday :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Lots more than you think. There were less than 100-200 when I got mine back in 2005. The numbers have increased dramatically in the past three years.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Lots more than you think. There were less than 100-200 when I got mine back in 2005. The numbers have increased dramatically in the past three years.
I thought back then there was only three S15's: yours, Ming's and Topper's lol :D

I was thinking there was much less than that in 2005 - maybe 40/50 so that figure's already higher!!

Torque GT

🔥 Contributing Trader 🔥
Reaction score
We have imported around 60 Spec R's in the past 5 years and around 5 Spec S's. Quite a few get exported and some get written off. I would hazard a guess at circa 400?

Mike

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
If I had to guess I'd say around 500, but it's impossible to say. Having seen only 2 on the roads it's fair to say their rarer than any other car I know of that is affordable and not a classic.

K

kababaka

quite a few get turned into full on competition spec drift cars too! Meaning they get everything ripped out of them and cages put in etc...guess they are not on the road and since they often end up with different engines thrown in they are in a class of their own.

Reaction score
Country
interesting stuff!!
i reckon there are less than 500 due to the amount being written off lol. i mean theyre not the cheapest things to repair as i'm sure you all are aware lol

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I have only seen 2 on the roads,saw a yellow one when I was 17 made me wanT to get one! And then when I was at horsham developments saw one on my way home,that's it ,pretty rare man seen more slr's on the road than s15,,,,!!!!!!