What's new

how to distinguish harness?

zml

Trader
Reaction score
can anyone tell me which one is the real and fake one? obviously i know which one is real and fake but there many people think they have the genuine one. so i really want them can tell me which one they have and they say is genuine one. i will never say the genuine one will be 100% safe and never fail, but who can say the copy one is failed certainly and not safe ? you can also have the genuine one in your car and fail badly. so i think the copy one obviously is copy. but they do built up to the standard and quality. and also are you sure each of the genuine one have been test before they put it in the market? :rotfl:dont make me laugh, i am sure the all come from the same factory and same machine. so they will set as all the same quality by tested one belt or couple. so people open your mind do not just trust a simple label. they just a title..as ASDA brand stuff will always the copy product and cheaper one, is that mean they not fresh and not good quality. so they should stop selling their own brand stuff ?:confused:
anyway...my word is end,people please open your mind.:nod:

Last edited:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i think the bottom ones are the real ones but only by the colour - other than that i don't think they look different.
anyway, normally you can tell the real takata harnesses from thier fantastically inventive price tags. i don't care what anyone says, i still don't understand why a perfectly good luke/sabelt/sparco/willans etc. fia harness can be bought starting from about 70-00 and a takata one is more like 300-00 other than its green and comes from japan......

Reaction score
Country
First one is fake. The stitching is a dead give away as is the 'carbon' piece on the buckle :thumbs:

i still don't understand why a perfectly good luke/sabelt/sparco/willans etc. fia harness can be bought starting from about 70-00 and a takata one is more like 300-00 other than its green and comes from japan......
Its because there really really cool :nod: Kinda have a cult status i think lol.

zml

Trader
Reaction score
because the brand name so they can charge u more. like Gucci and LV...i will tell the real one later of the thread, as i want to get more vote from other member.there are couple real one so just point it out the number which are the real one.

Reaction score
Country
You've mixed them up now lol. Number 4 and 5 are definitely fake 7 and 8 are also possible copies but its hard to tell from the lack of detail in the pictures.

The stitching, lettering, 'FIA' labels, colouring and buckles can all be signs of copies. Buyers just have to know what to look for :nod:

http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2451342 For those who don't know ;)

Last edited:

zml

Trader
Reaction score
so the differnt only between color and number on the label ? what about quality? anyone can comfirm they 100% fail for the safe and quality problem?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i think if you want to prove these harnesses and shut people up at the same time, sacrifice one of them - tow a car with it or hook it up to a lamppost and a car tow bar - that should prove the strength alright lol

zml

Trader
Reaction score
haha i wont do this myself that should be what the manufacturer should do not me and the buyer..anyway just keep piont out the real one for me if possible.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Theres loads of web pages explaining how to tell the difference. The stitching and FIA tags are the easy giveaways, but the ones you were selling seemed to have even those bits covered..

zml

Trader
Reaction score
u still not get the point,what i want to say is people only looking at the FIA lable , color and little different bit between the fake and real one. they not really looking at the quality and safety. so that is my point.

Last edited:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I think peoples point is the fact that the Takata ones will have been tested to prove they are safe and strong enough in a crash. I'm by no means a seatbelt expert but I imagine the forces going through the buckles and stitching in a crash are massive. The genuine Takatas will have been proven to be able to withstand these forces by the testing, this being safe and worthy of the FIA approval.

The replica harnesses have almost certainly not gone through the same testing at the genuine Takatas. They look strong enough but looks can be deceiving. It is utterly criminal puting the FIA approval label on a seatbelt that has not been FIA approved.

I'm not having a rant at you, more the people who make them in the first place. And I respect your decision to stop selling them :nod:

zml

Trader
Reaction score
so how does people know the copy one wont do the job? at least there have no eveidence shows they are fail on any accident. any is there any data shows the genuine one never fail in the accident? anyway i dont really force people to accept them, but they have the right to chose it. but they can not say the fake one is 100% fail and bad quality or it wont does the job. i will also never say the genuine one item is 100% perfect never have problem, that is only idiot will say this.

J

jimmy_bob

The ones zml is selling are fake my mate bought some and the buckles are completey different so dnt waste your money. And if somethink sounds to gd to be true it normally is

zml

Trader
Reaction score
i dont force people to buy it, every one buying this item i do tell them it is copy one not genuine one. so is totally up to them, and there few people bought it from me , i told them if they want the genuine one buy it from the official site, do not buy it from ebay. and i am happy to refund it. as there still some people do want them and trust them and want to save money.

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
ZML can see where your coming from mate as you said its up to the buyer see at the end of the day there is a small % of a chance in a crash you can risk your life for the sake of having a fake Takata's its like buying fake jeans for example you cant expect it to be the same as the real thing if you cant afford them in the first place why dont you just wait and save a little longer or as what has been said before Luke harnesses are just as cool in my book even if they arent in your face green :wack:

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
so how does people know the copy one wont do the job? at least there have no eveidence shows they are fail on any accident.
Well would you like to be the one who finds out? I certainly wouldn't :no:

any is there any data shows the genuine one never fail in the accident?
I doubt they would still be selling them if they were known to fail :wack:

zml

Trader
Reaction score
haha...so that means every one should use genuine item, so we all should stop buying ASDA brand stuff or high street brand clothes...

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
ASDA don't make harnesses mate. What we are talking about is a bit more serious IMO.

This conversation will keep going round in circles. People know the score anyway. I just feel sorry for the people who buy the fake ones thinking they are real a few hands down the line..

zml

Trader
Reaction score
as i said before i wont either that should be the manufacturer do,not the consumer.. but my point is do not assume this copy one is 100% fail. if you dont want take the risk just go for the genuine one..and leave the copy one alone as there stilll a group of people willing to have them.

Well would you like to be the one who finds out? I certainly wouldn't :no:

I doubt they would still be selling them if they were known to fail :wack: