What's new

Identify these parts?

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Does anyone know what this stuff is? Just picked up a Jap Spec R S15 today that's fairly standard and noticed a few new parts compared to my old Aus Spec.

This is mounted to a bracket on the corner of the radiator, has some sort of connector going to it from the fuse box and a vacuum hose going to what looks like a carbon cannister?

Plastic thing mounted on the driver side strut tower with vacuum hose and electronic connector, for OEM boost gauge?

Plastic bottle with two vacuum hoses connected to it, carbon cannister??

Thanks,
Ray.

Reaction score
Country
Hi Ray,

1st pic - i believe it's a sensor but i forgot the name

2nd pic - oem boost sensor

3rd pic - carbon canister - these came standard on audm as well

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
the first one is a control valve for the carbon canister - dont know what purpose it serves but i binned my carbon canister anyway....

Reaction score
lol thats what i was thinking of doing... need to block off any hoses etc once you bin the cannister? so you can bin the sensor too?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i left the sensor on but removed the can, you just block the hose from the little sensor that goes to it, then bypass the two hoses on the can by joining them together.

G

GUEST_JDM

get rid of the sendor its a purge valve for the ash canister i broke the purge valve on mine ages ago runs fine has done for the 3 years its been off it for! just disconnect and through it away i did lol