What's new

installing boost gauge problems?

R

RoDavy

Having trouble installing a manual boost gauge into my ADM S15, can't quite work out the right hose to put the t-piece into.

I have searched heaps, but all the pics I see don't quite match up with my car so its hard to work out.

Can you use the hose going into the top of the stock BOV, if so I've done that and I am going to assume my gauge is broken in that case, because the needle moves but it stays at negative in the vac part, and does move up, but not going into the positive, and it should be going up there, but its not, Arghhh!!

Yes I've searched.

http://flic.kr/p/9Lj41x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/63298461@N08/5752848302/in/photostream/

let me know if the pics don't show through the link, I can't work out how to make it show up in the actual post here.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Country
i dont have any pictures but..

on my car it has the pipe coming from the top of the BOV, going into the engine. this pipe has a T in the middle of it which ventures off to the new boost sensor. and thats it. simple.

cant remember what the factory fit looks like, but thats how mine is and it works haha

so if you imagine the whole pipe system as a T
- the bottom of the T goes to the new sensor
- the top cross of the T goes from the BOV to the engine :)

K

kieran@silverback

daft question but im assuming your car is boosting fine? if it had a huge boost leak then you would see vacum but not boost........just a thought?

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
sounds like you've taken a feed from the wrong place - some connections show vacuum, some show boost and vacuum. the place i took it from - which is the place all gauge manufacturers advise - is the fuel regulator feed. there is a very small length of hose between the plenum and the the regulator - tee in here and ensure your hose run is away from any sharp objects or edges that could chafe it.
some people frown on this as if there is a leak it can cause the regulator to not function properly and damage the engine.... anyhow, this is what happens when people use the wrong hose, don't fit it properly or don't secure the hose ends with zip ties which is what you should do with ALL your vacuum and boost hoses - some people just throw mods on really 'shodilly' (is that a word lol) anyway - they wonder why they get problems. i have run a setup like this that feeds my boost controller and gauge since i've had the car (about 3 years) and not a single problem :)