What's new

Is it me or are S15's floating into the country at a rapid rate of knots now?

Reaction score
I've been a little bit out of touch with my S15 passion recently.. lol. But whilst looking at Pistonheads and even the bay! :eek: There seems to be ALOT of fresh newly imported S15's around. I know the import rules have changed.. therefore 2001 / 2002 + Spec S + autospazmatic etc models can be registered, so obviously they are easier to source over in japland.

But this has concerned me, especially the ones on the bay, is it me or could we be looking at S15's becoming as common as R32's and other common Jap imports.. and also having alot more sh*tters arrive in the country to be abused in drifting and worse.. by chavs who will probably soon afford them as the price will drop.

One of the reasons i like S15's is because of the rareness and the fact there aren't many about, also as the majority are actually looked after by owners on here etc..

The day i see an S15 get abused by a Chav i'll cry.

Just take a look at PH and the bay.. its covered in them.. theres more 15's than 14's and 14a's put together :no:

Is it just me?

Edit:
http://www.torque-imports.co.uk/cardetails.php?c=308
7995! OMFG!!!!

Last edited:

sx-si

Reaction score
i drift my s15 does that make me a chav?

doubt they will go down much as most people wont let them go for pennys especially seeing as most are looked after

only reason they would go down in price is because there rotting
the one i have allready showing rust on rear archs and engine bay

iu can see a hell of alot more come over soon seeing as s14a's are really geting rusty now

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hopefully the influx will still be relatively slow... there might be many 15's on sale but how fast are they shifting these once arrived??

All I can say is that apart from a very few handful of 15 owners that I meet up with every now and then, I don't see another on the road. I don't even see them at meets and cruises. I don't see them on a track day or at DWYB (but the next one will be different lol) so to me, it's still a pretty rare car... hope this doesn't change as soon as I post this!!! :wack:

That red one on the Torque Imports page is MINT!!!! :cool:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
^^
its very clean but whats going on with the trims?:ghey:

i still havent seen any s15's anywhere local to me, theres a guy in maidstone doing up a varietta but thats it.....

V

vti_coupw

@mark d can you honestly tell me you bought a 2litre turbo car and hav never but it sideways? and because someone who owns a rwd buts it sideways or gives it a good hard driving does that mean they are a chav? dont get me wrong s15's are a great car and are very civilised for an everyday car but i couldnt own mine and not put the arse out, would be like buying a type r honda and not hitting vtec and babying it around bends and not driving it to its ability.
just my vision on it

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i cant drift so i dont drift - if i were good and could do it safe in the knowledge i wont kill my pride and joy then i would....having said that i love accellerating hard, hitting boost and having the rear end break away and then shifting up to get it back under manners. whats the point in having a car like this and not driving it hard - i dont abuse it mechanically, it gets washed more often than me and has oil changes more often than my chip pan....i'd cry if it got damaged and hate using it in the rain. i am an out and out 100% enthusiast but i will thrash it to get its best. i think on the whole s15 owners have a good attitude towards thier cars, care for it but use it for its intended purpose. no point constantly freeing more horses only to keep them on a leash:nod:

Reaction score
i drift my s15 does that make me a chav?
Ahh. Absolutely not mate, didn't mean it like that lol, should've gone over what i wrote before i posted. I drift myself and i'm no chav for sure!

I was more refering to the fact that loads of importers apart from a few select ones, some which have been listed on this forum. Alot don't mind what quality the car they import is, by that i mean, theres loads out there that find a cheap 15 at auction, typically an R which has been repaired, and ship it here. Whereas some, will make sure they keep looking out for a nice 4 grade one thats been looked after.
Chances are, not always, but i bet that the chances are many R's have been previously drifted or tracked over in Japan and many won't be able to join the selection of quality ones we currently have here, obviously there are exceptions to that as i remember somebody on here has a totally mint R thats clearly been cared for well, can't remember who now.

It's inevitable really, as with all cars, even imports such as 15's, there will be a time where you'll have to watch which one you buy, but up until now-ish, there hasn't been much of that as the majority are mint and have been cared for. Now though, i think we might have to watch what we buy, especially if its been just imported.

I was just trying to say i think it's a shame, as up until now virtually all in the country were mint, now more are arriving, we could be seeing some horrible ones that haven't been looked after on the bay etc.

Wish i'd kept it simple now lol! No offense intended towards anyone, i should've read back my writing as i usually do, got the wrong message across this time :down:

Ta,
Mark

Last edited:
Reaction score
@mark d can you honestly tell me you bought a 2litre turbo car and hav never but it sideways? and because someone who owns a rwd buts it sideways or gives it a good hard driving does that mean they are a chav? dont get me wrong s15's are a great car and are very civilised for an everyday car but i couldnt own mine and not put the arse out, would be like buying a type r honda and not hitting vtec and babying it around bends and not driving it to its ability.
just my vision on it
Nope :thumbs: ^^^^

Nothing wrong with having a bit of fun matey, thats what sports coupes are for

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Well the beauty is if you can keep your S15 for another 10 years then everyone will have either crashed theirs, run them to the ground or a handful like mine will have been lovingly restored and will rock a V8 transplant by then hehe :cool:

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Have to agree as the owner of a type R honda i drive in vtec all day every day never gets old and am sure that driving sideways wont get old quick either,in the right environment obviously!
I have only ever seen 3 silvias on the road and i mean ever!!! 2 of those were at a tunnel run in london,out of almost 100 cars there were only 2 silvias i think they are still proper rare hence the reason i have bought a low mileage example now ,gonna make it mint and hold onto it for a while! hopefully the influx will be slow and steady,i dont see there being that many of them coming in really...
I see where you are coming from though as i saw a few dogs before i found my car ,the interior is in a bit of a mess on mine but i used to be a trimmer so thats not really a problem,saved me £500 though ;)

Nice to know the people on here are proper enthusiasts ,i am really into my cars and really look after them ,treat them how they should be treated and really hate to see abused examples,glad i am on the right site!

Last edited:
S

S15 SILVIA

It's alright mark, I understand what ya mean.
Trying to say that any tom dick and harry could get one now the prices are dropping slightly, making them desireable for the undesireable! Lol
Silly people stickin neons everywhere, and seeing how bigger sub they can mount in the ashtray!
With ya mate.

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
I used to have a rx7 FD as a road car, i got that because they were rare, same reason why i bought my s15. I seem more FD's on the road now than s15's Not seen one in the midlands around cov/brum area.

I definatly can see where your coming from as soon as the chav genre get hold of a car it loses its credibility. Since the imprezza evo's and skylines are now the chav car of the jap world. But you can thank films like fast and furious for that and not to mention games like NFS.

Granted you can pick up spec R's from 7k upwards the ones on PH take months and months to sell.

S15's are getting more popular in the uk drifting scene.

I still think the chav's are still on the i want a skyline gtst band wagon though.

Reaction score
i dont realy see a problem with more coming into the country, just means more tuner support ect.
but im sure some will fall apart or crashed.
i am looking to get one next year but i will be making sure it is a grade 4, even if i have to spend alittle extra.

D

dragyth

I'm guessing...
A lot of the japs have upgraded from the S15 and jumped on the Nissan GT-R bandwagon.

Also, as the older S15s are now 10 years old, they don't have to be SVA-tested.
I'm in the process of importing myself an S15 that's exactly 10 years old for this reason.

Reaction score
Country
SVA testing is a thing of the past now. Its the new IVA system and makes importing a car much easier, in fact i dont think you even need model reports now.

Looking on Torque GT's website i see far more R34 GTT's.

S

S15 SILVIA

I can honestly say I havnt seen one in the flesh as yet, so they are still relitively rare, but the prices are starting to drop, mind you if they're cheap, they're usually quite ropey!

G

Giff

I'm looking to buy at the moment and see a massive difference in prices.
A dealer thats imported a mint full aero kitted spec R is asking ~9K and a mint car thats privately owned and has been in the country (UK) for twelve months are selling* for ~7K.
Thats quite a drop in value for a second hand car and a bit offputting.
It must be something to do with the changes in registering them because some dealers are also advertising new imports for around 8K.

This is also making buying one a lot more difficult because sellers are reluctant to let them go for market value until they've been advertising them for a few months. I also need to buy at market value or I'll have a car that I won't be able to sell in the future.

*I know some are advertised for more but I've been trawling throught the forums and have seen what they've actually sold for.

Reaction score
Country
It also depends on things like auction grade etc. If a dealer cant provide things like the original auction sheet then they are trying to hide something, most likely the car is a accident repair grade or the mileage isnt legit meaning they can afford to have a low selling price and still make a profit as they purchased the car cheap in the first place.