What's new

Open Event: Japfest UK '09

Reaction score
Website
www.skewer.co.uk
Country
Just wondered if there were any plans for an S15OC stand at Japfest Castle Coombe this year on the 16th May? If not, I'll tap up the SXOC for a place, but would be nice if we could muster a small club stand at least, some of the Euro members may come over for it :nod: :thumbs: :cool:

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I have wanted to go Japfest for the last 3 years now :rotfl:

Might be tempted this year :nod:

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
i thought japfest was very dissappointing last year, the chavs have landed big time and it completely spoils the mood.....all they do is go around throwing stuff everywhere, taking the mick out of peoples cars that they have spent so much time and money on -always talking loud enough for the owner to hear....should of heard the language too - i swear (who doesnt) but these lot are a disgrace. dont think ill be going, its ruined it for me.....

sorry for the rant but in turn each event is going the same way and its depressing.....

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
I do know what you mean Dean.

In the nearly 4 years I've had Japanese cars all the Japanese car events are getting more and more crashed by people are not there so much for the car but to f**k around.

This annoys me on two levels;

1) It ruins the events for the true car enthuasts.
2) It gives true car enthuasts a bad reputation and this leads to finding venus harder and harder for the big events.

I did not realise Japfest was like that, shame becasue I thought it was going to be a good show :no:

Reaction score
I'd like to see any one of them take the mick out of a stand full of top S15's!!! haha i mean what could they really say...

"oh my god, look at that.... it looks...errr.... awesome" haha :D

shame though because i was thinking of heading up with a few friends, dumb question but whats the idea of having a stand? is it just promotion for the club and cars?? or do you anything extra on the day?

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
it was more like sarcastic comments like 'look at me, im a sad c***, i spend my whole life cleaning my car....oooh shiney' things like that. they werent to me, i heard them digging at others cars (in fact most people wanted to stop and chat as i had my s15 parked in amongst about 30 ftos) but then i thought well what are you doing here...its clear they go just for somewhere to be. i saw a mum with her little kids watching the drifting last time and the look on her face cos of the yobbos didnt stop screaming, swearing and some of it real nasty she was covering her ears and everything but felt too intimidated to say anything. im just fed up with chavs tbh. there were obviously very nice people there too and a hell of a lot of enthusiasts, but i can only see it being worse this year than last.......

on a lighter note......its a very small event, but the most car club friendly event i went to last year (with the best drift circuit) was the bhp show at lydden raceway outside canterbury but i think thats because word of mouth hasnt spread to the divs yet........it was a brand new show but they said they had huge plans for the next one. where the circuit is tight and small you dont lose sight of the cars at all, all the way round the circuit instead of waiting for them to pass your bend.....never spotted any trouble once, no idiots about, a real grown up show. but for how long:rolleyes:

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
the stands are just to get people who only know each other through the net forums to park up, chat as a group and admire each others handywork. its all good fun, you dont want to be stuck in amongst a horde of other motors like i was last year, they dont like it when everyone wants to see the silvia:rotfl:

Reaction score
I havent been to japfest before and was really looking forward to it... not so much now! i'm still going to go and check it out so hopefully all the chavs have moved to another show! or are getting drunk in a park some where.

When is the bhp show on again DeanS15? sounds good

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
heres the link for the next bhp show http://www.bhpperformanceshow.com/, i think its a superb event as did everyone i went with last year. would be a fantastic show for s15oc members to attend as i was the only road going s15 there last year, the rest were drfiters!

its probably gonna be a bigger event this year but last years was the most club oriented truly enthusiastic show ive been to.:D

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
sorry mate, picture speaks a thousand words....these are chavs

Darren_S15

Club Event Orgainser
Reaction score
Country
Taken from Wiki

Chav = "(UK, pejorative) A working-class youth, especially one associated with aggression, poor education, and a perceived "common" taste in clothing and lifestyle."

DeanS15

Reaction score
Country
are you gonna go to this one darren, its nice and local for us lot.....if nothing else me you and jez could have our own little corner lol