What's new

Jobs to do while engine out?

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Hi Guys,

I'm having my engine taken out to fix an oil leak, but also we have found that the sump has been patched up with liquid metal :wack: It must of got damage while they dropped the SR20DET into it (was done way before I got the car).

So while its out, I was thinking what worth while but "cheap'ish" jobs can I do? Haven't got that much to spend but if something is really worth while doing and I can justfiy the cost then I might as well do it..

Power wise I'm more than happy with, so I'm not looking to up the power..

So any recommendations please?

Reaction score
Website
www.bebo.com
Country
When I take the engine out I am going to start work on the suspension take the front axle off and rear then bush and mount it all powder coated and renew all the arms etc could do some of that stuff if you havent already :)

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
I think the front arms have been upgraded, unless the std arms are carbon fibre? Had the wheel off the other day and noticed it them, it might just be a carbon sheet around the arm (toe arm I think)..

Don't think I'll have the time to paint the engine bay, as a lot more would have to come out no?

What about upgrading the pullies?

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Good call andeep - yes yes deffo do the fuel filter as my everlasting scars on my left arm are from trying to get the damn fuel lines back on the filter grrr!!! Hate this job bigtime!!! :wack:

I'd say whilst engine is being taken out and put back in you deffo want to also replace the engine mounts regardless of whether they're gone or not. For the money it's not expensive but a PITA to do as far as I can tell with the engine in situ.

Reaction score
Country
Good call andeep - yes yes deffo do the fuel filter as my everlasting scars on my left arm are from trying to get the damn fuel lines back on the filter grrr!!! Hate this job bigtime!!! :wack:

I'd say whilst engine is being taken out and put back in you deffo want to also replace the engine mounts regardless of whether they're gone or not. For the money it's not expensive but a PITA to do as far as I can tell with the engine in situ.

find a mate with real skinny arms, worked for me

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
No worries mate :)

I think I'm gonna have to do my mounts with engine in situ cos reckon they need doing soon and I'm not ready for an engine rebuild just yet :wack:

lol Spoonman - I am skinny... sort of... :p