Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
For your S15 or someone else's? :confused:

Let me also give you another gentle reminder that we don't like text speak on this forum... :)

M

Matt_S

Why would you want a log book?

RING RING!!!

(Anyone else hear alarm bells, or is it just me?)

:wack:

J

jj-coupe

ay a get told that alot so i do. :nod:

its for my own car, it would work out cheaper than its gonna cost to ESVA her!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I can't seriously believe you are contemplating that... :no:

The only legal way to get a UK log book for an unregistered S15 is to:

1. import a Jan 1999 to Dec 2000 S15
2. pay any import duty and VAT
3. prep it for ESVA
4. get it ESVAd
5. get it registered

Surely you realised all this when you looked into buying an import...?

J

jj-coupe

not atall. buy an s15 log book, put the vin plates on to my own car, get a set of plates made, mot it, tax it, and hey presto, a 2001 s15 ready for the road.

it was this site that i found out it could cost up to ?4000 to ESVA it. excuse me if am lookig to save about ?3000!!!

P

Pazz

and how illegal would that be...... and I dont think there will be many log books available for the S15. So try Plan B..... if there is one.

Last edited:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Were you aware that there are a number of other locations on the chassis where the chassis number is stamped? You wouldn't know where to look for them, but the police would.

What you are suggesting is called cloning. In the UK it is illegal. The trouble you will have putting a 2001 S15 through ESVA is minute compared to the crap you'd be in for cloning.

P

Pazz

DISCLAIMER TIME:

S15OC does not condone the actions taken by jj-coupe

rofl :rotfl:

Reaction score
Country
And what about the next poor bastard that buys your car and gets it impounded by the police ?

J

jj-coupe

i wuddnt be to worried about the next guy bcause i would just sell it the way it was sold to me, unregistered.

cops arent to bad about that over here. england must be bad!! :down:

plan B it is then. ESVA the ****er!! i do not want to be dismembered from the S15 owners club. :cool:

P

Pazz

You could make it significantly cheaper by doing most the work yourself. Sourcing parts etc, removing the aftermarket bits and bobs. Helps if you know a friend with an S15 as well. As can borrow their front and rear bumper, sideskirts, stock looking (nissan branded would be good) wheels. But you will have to yank that GT wing off definetly.

Lets not forget any underbonnet mods.

Reaction score
oh dear oh dear oh dear!!! Why buy an S15 if you couldn't afford to get it registered?? Further more, why suggest doing something totally illegal and making a mockery of the people who worked damned hard for theirs? :furious:

M

Matt_S

My plan is the most logical, if you have the time and money. And lets face it, if it looks anything like it does in that little pic, its gonna take him a month of sundays to make it std! :wack:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Unfortunately the thread was started on the 2nd.

What is being overlooked here is the fact that its a 2001 S15 and therefore has no model report.

Reaction score
what's the cost to have a model report made for yourself? Surely, to have one made, to the spec' of the car owned wouldn't be out the question? then nothing would have to be removed.

(i know it seems nuts, but the reason companies don't do this is just because then they can't rent it to anyone. it's easier to make a car standard and rent the model report, than to make them to a spec of a specific car.)

Would probably have to "de-tune" it to bring down emmission's to suit...(isn't that why no one has made a 2001> model report for a standard one yet????)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The reason there is no model report is because more stringent emissions laws came into effect in January 2001. To get an S15 to comply isn't cost effective.