What's new

Lowering Coils

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Does anyone know of any lowering coils for the S15 which only lowers the car slightly (10 - 20mm)?

I'm getting some Koni shock absorbers fitted and wanted to see if there were coils that could pair up with them.

I've been told that Eibach do lowering coils for the S15 but they lower the car by about 35 - 40mm which is something I don't want - much too low for me :no:

Not fussed whether the item is European or Jap - as long as it's decent quality.

Cheers :thumbs:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Apex Performance do S14 lowered springs, but they tend to drop about 30mm once they've settled...

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I take it the S14 ones should be ok for the S15?

Sounds like they might be an option if I can't get ones that drop less than 30mm.

Cheers :thumbs:

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
why dont u get coilover cux i think for the price of the shocks and springs u can get coilovers...?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I would tend to agree. Plus you get the camber adjustment with coilovers. Well, you would with the Apex ones...

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Yes - thought about coilovers instead of direct shock/coil replacement setup.

However, I am quite biased towards the recommendations of my local Jap car mechanic/expert and he tends to go for Koni/Bilstein shock absorbers rather than the Jap stuff.

Not sure if Koni/Bilstein do coilover kits for the S15 but judging by the price of the shocks alone - I'd bet a decent set of coilovers is gonna cost way more than getting shocks + coils separately.

Sounds fussy I know but I guess we all have our fickly moments in life... :D

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
trust me get coilover now or u just spend money on it later...ive got nismo shocks and springs on mine but thats what it came with but later i will be geting coilovers once i get round to sorting out other things first