What's new

Max boost ??

subzero

Reaction score
what kinda boost you guys going at ??

ive mine set to .7 at the mo till i get the car mapped. what kinda boost can the sr20det cope with ?? please provide what mods you have as a guide too thanks.

B

baynz

well its not so much what the sr20 can cope with, the standard t28 can only produce 1.2bar safely.

Reaction score
the head gasket is limited to about 1.2 bar too.

then the bottom end to about 1.4 bar. :)

subzero

Reaction score
i ran it when i first got the car, unmapped on 95 petrol at 1bar, was pinking so did one half cocked run if you get me :D (as in did rev her to the usual- was done at wesward eng too by the way, so accurate figures.).

hit 295 at the fly .mapping her with a power fc on tuesday.

S.K

Reaction score
Country
i ran it when i first got the car, unmapped on 95 petrol at 1bar, was pinking so did one half cocked run if you get me :D (as in did rev her to the usual- was done at wesward eng too by the way, so accurate figures.).

hit 295 at the fly .mapping her with a power fc on tuesday.
You should be safe enough with 1.2 so , i run mine at 1.4 bar with octaine
boosters and no problems yet :nod:

Reaction score
yea, i've got the hks turbo to go on and gonna get a tomei metal head gasket installed....

got a PFC d-jetro here too. i'll have mine mapped to 1.4bar :)

G

gunner93

Greddy Profec B

Lo - 0.88 bar
Hi - 1.1 bar (planning to road tune with this)

Reaction score
Country
HKS gt-rs turbo, tomei mani, fully flow exhaust, 740cc injectors, fuel pump all mapped on PowerFC mapped 1.3bar all on standard HG and internals. i run my car at 1.2 bar daily.

The amount of boost your engine can take depends on how well the engine has been looked after and condition of it.
but the general rule of thumb would be 1.2bar max on standard HG and 1.4bar max on standard internals. only goes for proper mapped car now.

tring to run this with out a proper map your gonna be blowing/melt something.

J

jhinchy

Ive got standard turbo (i think), intercooler, turbo elbow, downpipe, etc, Power FC and Profec B boost controller. It came from japan with this spec, and ive been driving it around at actuator boost, with controller switched off. But havnt really driven it hard yet as its not mapped,
Getting it mapped on wednesday, and also have 740c injectors and z32 afm to go on at the same time. Im hoping for somewhere in the region of 300bhp with a fast spool up.

All will be revealed..... :thumbs:

Reaction score
Country
You might want to fit an uprated fuel pump as well, i reckon at 1.2 bar you should be looking at 320-340 BHP @ fly (assuming you also have better filter and 80mm exhaust).

Didnt think you needed the Z32 AFM with the PowerFC as this worked on a MAP air sensor ?

Reaction score
no, the power FC d-jetro works with a map sensor.

i reckon with that spec' you'll see 300 bhp.... 330 tops. the turbo is limited at about that.

J

jhinchy

Have a walbro pump in there too. Its just the ordinary Power FC so it uses an airflow meter, as Dazz01 said, its the D-Jetro version that uses a Map sensor:cool:

J

jhinchy

i reckon with that spec' you'll see 300 bhp.... 330 tops..
Good estimate, she made 318bhp at 1.0bar, much better on petrol, and a completely different animal to drive.

Thanks to Robbie at TDP.ie, :thumbs:

J

juice_s15

ive got a hdev chip in my car mapped to 1.3bar hi boost and 1bar low boost,
im running a hybrid t28bb (got told by apt on friday when they changed my gaskets and nuts and studs that you could tell that it was rebuilt - maybe to the spec of a gt28r or even rs) will confirm with turbo dynamics on tuesday

i also have a apexi afc neo in the car that has been mapped by engine tuner....do i need it if i have a hdev chip...looking to go back to jez to get a custom remap if i can run 1.4bar on the turbo.....do i need a z32 afm too?....and how much power can i expect at 1.4/1.3bar froma custom map

your help is much appreciated

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
these are exactly the sort of answers i'm after. some say you need to uprate injectors, some say not, some say change the afm, some say don't bother.......it's a bit confusing....i'm considering just contacting horsham developments and asking for a list of things to do before taking it down there so i can get the maximum safe setup on the standard turbo.

i also want to know what i can fit and run around with before having the remap done, and what has to wait and be fitted when the car is mapped - dont want the car running poorly in the meantime by fitting parts that need to be accompanied by a remap.

J

juice_s15

as far as i know you ahve to fit the injectors and afm when geting the car mapped, everythign else like, air filter fmic, exhuast, boost controller you cna fit but you will jsut get really poor fuelling

anybody got an answer for me yet ^^^^^?

Reaction score
at 1.2 bar both the injectors and AFM are about maxed out!!!! neither of which you can drive the car about on, without a re-map!

1.2bar is also the limit of the head gasket too! so, MHG time too before you go past that 1.2 mark.

1.4bar will see you about 380bhp at the fly, when accompanied by the correct bolt on's. Standard manifold starts to be a limiting factor at 330bhp ish.

Standard turbo's are also on the limit at 1.2bar! The standard turbo is basically a T28r!