What's new

My dyno results

D

Dizz

Just thought I'd throw these up for anyone interested, it's just a base figure for me as there's not much done to it. So here goes:

Torque (at wheels in lbft) & Power (at wheels in bhp)

Torque (at flywheel in lbft) & Power (at flywheel in bhp)

Toque at flywheel again lol & AFR (as you can see running very rich top end)

Boost in bar (kg/cm) & Vacuum (only applies to NA cars)

So not too bad a result, the red lines you can see are before my boost issue was sorted (restrictor was missing in the actuator line from front mount) and the others are runs afterwards... :thumbs:

For this I was running standard Irish pump fuel (95 octane) with no additives...

Car has the following mods when dyno'd:
Blitz LM front mount intercooler
Blitz air filter
Nismo cat-back
NGK BKR7EIX spark plugs

Last edited:
V

vti_coupw

i havnt got the foggiest about dyno graphs but the figures are good, how much did the run cost ya>

S

StarletRick

you can see the vvt switchover on the hp graphs.

gayest thing ever on the sr20...

M

Matt_S

you can see the vvt switchover on the hp graphs.

gayest thing ever on the sr20...
Its not really. Its just the fuel goes rich. An SAFC can be tweaked to get that flat spot out a little bit :)

Seems to run very rich for the power tho.

Reaction score
I was talking to a mate of mine that works for Denso.
The probably reason for running so rich is to keep the exhaust gas temperature from going sky-high which could lead to engine/turbo damage.
Something I hadn't considered before he told me.
IMO if you aren't using full load/high rpm that often it shouldn't be a problem.
However if you're doing lots of trackdays/drifting/racing it might be something you need to be careful of...

M

Matt_S

That rubbish! Yeh sure you keep the fuelling a little richer but I think thats a bit too rish imho.
And its a known fact that (on the S14s at least) the VVT/fuelling issue is just plain gay! Why Nissan didnt do something about it god only knows...
And on my drift car, we specifically let it run a bit richer than normal at the top end as thats where it spent its life, on or about the limiter (on the track anyway). If you have a little inj glitch or anything, it may and I mean MAY just save your motor :wack:

Reaction score
Thanks for your insight, I didn't know that "plain gay" is a technical term.
Also what does "a bit richer than normal" equate to in numbers?

Car companies aren't stupid and they do these strange things for reasons that aren't always apparent.
Until I hear/read some technical evidence to the contrary I think I'll stick to the advice of my Denso Engineer friend.

BTW just did a quick google search and found an interesting article that was in Fast Ford magazine:
http://www.fastfordmag.co.uk/resources/fastford/FAF264.tech.pdf

E

ecksjay

sorry to drag this up, just spotted it and thought i'd add my 2p

the s14a runs a similar power curve when stock, except the fuelling goes incredibly more rich at the top end, due to the VVT switchover point (happens at around 4.5-5k, as per your graph). The S15 just seems to level out then carry on out, whereas on s14a's the torque and power absolutely dives at this point, which is overfuelling due to vvt no longer being active (and hence, additional fuel is present that isn't being used). this is sorted with custom maps from the likes of horsham developments or as mentioned above, if you were to have an safc custom tuned, but afaik it isn't anything to worry about in the long run, it just kills the power and torque. providing the EGT's stay within safe limits then it'll be fine (which it should do at that level even when running high rpm's, its just not the most efficient thing to do as its running rather rich, and hense can get coked up a little sooner than it would otherwise).

T

Trepidge

nice run dizz, now you got something to work of time to start spending :D
got mine mapped by tdp few months back, cars runs great since, you meet the dogs up there :p

D

Dizz

you meet the dogs up there :p
Dogs??? I only saw to giant horses lol. They are monsters :eek:

Ye, think I'm swaying towards Nistune daughter board for the mapping, not sure if Robbie will tune those but if not I'll just get it road mapped :thumbs: