What's new

My New Car

Jay

Reaction score
Here is a few pics of my new car which I'm collecting on Saturday, with a full spec list of the work that has been done on it already.

Really pleased with the car, just needs a bit of TLC on the bodywork. Can't wait to drive it the 120 miles back to my house when I collect it!!!

Thanks for looking.

JDM Nissan Silvia S15 Spec R (2001)

* 55K miles

* Imported from Japan 2007 by SVA Imports

ENGINE

NISMO Performance Exhaust System
Twin Plate Clutch
BLITZ Induction Kit
BLITZ Dump Valve
HKS Type 1 Turbo Timer
TEIN Coil-Over Suspension With Pillow Ball Top Mounts - Fully Adjustable
Front-Mounted Intercooler
Aluminium Cam Pulleys
Braided Steel Turbo Oil & Water Pipes
Braided Steel Brake Lines
Silicone Engine Hosing
ABS
Full Electric Pack

INTERIOR

In-Dash Electronic Gauges (Water Temp, Fuel Pressure, Oil Pressure)
Twin Air Bags
Black Interior
7" flip out CD/DVD Player
TOAD Cat 1 Alarm & Immobiliser

EXTERIOR

Midnight Black with AERO Body kit
Vented Front Wings
17" BLACK RACING PRO N1 Wheels
Carbon Fibre Rear Wing
Carbon Fibre Wing Mirrors
Clear Rear Lamp Lenses & Indicators

Jay

Reaction score
As mentioned in my Intro post, I also own a Honda Civic Type R that is up for sale to fund this new car!!! I have done quite a bit of work to it, and this has encouraged my love of performance cars - hence moving on to bigger and better things!!

Its been a great car to cut my teeth on and will be sorely missed, mainly by my Wife, when its sold.

Jay

Reaction score
yep, it was up on pistonheads. been a lil neglected, but i will restore it back to mint

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
what's the speedo cluster like at night? Its not std, seen them type of clocks for sale in Japan... just wandering how they look fitted?

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
Good luck selling the EP3 looks clean. Whats with the blue badges on the S15? Any plans for it yet?

Jay

Reaction score
thanks for the comments folks.... as for the gauges couldnt tell you much about them, havent driven the car more than a mile in daylight, as when i went to see it it had no tax, insurance, or mot! as for future plans? to start with its all about getting the body up to spec, its a lil untidy right now, just minor stuff such as a bad scratch on the boot, and a cracked front bumper, general scratches/stone chips etc. no doubt there will be the unseen probs to deal with on the way, so once all that has been dealt with then we shall see where to go from there. unsure about the nature of the body kit... was told it was an aero kit, but you folks on here would know more about that than me, im still learning bout this car!

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Looks nice and clean under the bonnet. Did you pick it up cheap with it having no tax/mot and needing some bodywork? Your sig is HUUUGE BTW!

Jay

Reaction score
Hahaha - yeah just changed the size of my siggie - it was a lil on the large size!!!!

The guy is putting an MOT on it for me before I pick it up, but I will have to get the tax. The body work isn't that much of an issue, and won't cost much to put right. But the price was good, and I reckon that I've got a bargain considering what its had done to it.

Jay

Reaction score
basicaly the story goes that the lad who owned this car before me was 21, and didnt really get how much it would cost him to run. he bought the car for £10k, without getting an insurance quote first. the insurance was gonna be in the region of £6.5k per year, at which point the penny dropped. for the next 8 months it sat on his driveway and was driven a grand total of about 100 miles. his parents told him it had to go, so enter Jay. in the intervening time the tax and mot ran out. the car having 12 months mot is a condition of the sale, any work needed for this at his expense, not mine. i paid £500 deposit and will pay the remaining £8k asked on collection of the car with previously stated 12 month ticket. so... is £8.5k alot for a 2001 s15 with 55k on the clock? not sure but i would say this.... i spent 2 months looking for a silvia spec r and none came close to the price with the spec of this one...

Reaction score
Country
Welcome mate looks good! Sounds like a bit of a bargain to me! My 99 Spec R cost me £10k without any mods, completely original and imported around Christmas 2009 (the exchange rate is very poor atm in Jap) id seen yours for sale few months ago when i was looking at getting one

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Welcome to the club mate, it sounds like a bargain to me :thumbs: beautiful car and the Trial Tryforce kit looks fantastic in black but I don't like the BGW :no: then again I wouldn't! lol

tooley

When only sideways will do!
Reaction score
Country
Ahh i was looking at this when i was hunting for one in october!! Sounded in good nick so hope it is, I choose a blue on sinstead. Same trial kit also :D Looking good!

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
if the actual mechanicals are all good and its purely bodywork tidying then thats a decent price you paid - even if the bodywork cost a grand to make it look mint again 9.5k is not a lot for a spotless spec r ;)

Jay

Reaction score
yeah thats wot i figured when i had a look round it. saw a few cars for alot more money but either standard or "over tuned" for my liking. this car came up at the right price with the right mods... bodywork is of little concern, its just cosmetic.

Reaction score
Country
nice mate! love the all black styling :D
also the prices you guys have been saying you bought yours for makes me sound like a got a bargain :D
i got mine totally standard in november 2009 with 50k miles on the clock for £7,500. it was a guy who never really used it, just sat around and maintained it every now and then.

enough of me anyways, nice car mate, good find :D