What's new

nearly an S15 owner

J

jj-coupe

het guys, iv jus put a deposit on a 2001 Spec R S15 in gumetal grey last nite. iv always wanted 1 an iv hav 2 sell an AE86 and a peugeot 306 to cum up with the funds 2 buy it. :nod:
iv still the AE86 to sell and the fella who has the S15 has sed he will wait til i get it sold which i thought was very decent of him.
anyway, shes got a bitta stuff done 2 it and people are tellin me its gonna b a bitch to put through SVA.
any1 no any1 who does it??

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Is the car still in Japan?
Bought through an import company?

I would try to cancel the buy if the car is still in Japan if you're going to import it yourself.
Another option is to speak to an import comapny about the ESVA.
There are some out there that will do late model S15s, but I don't even wanna know how they do it.

If you bought trough a company you shouldn't need to worry about this.

But if you're bringing it in yourself, my first advice would be to cancel it, read up on what it takes to import a S15 and then get another one more suited for import.

Edit: Welcome to the forum by the way. :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
As Yako has said, did you get this car through a UK company or are you importing yourself? As you can gather on your other thread, putting this car through an ESVA would be a very difficult and expensive process due to the modifications. That's if it was a 1999 or 2000 model.

There is NO model report for 2001 and 2002 S15s. This means you can't get it ESVAd and make it road legal in the UK.

If you bought it through a UK importer, what they are going to do is falsify the Japanese de-registration document to make it look like a 2000 model, then ESVA it. I'm not sure whether that's classed as illegal, but its pretty damn close. I know of a very high profile and well known UK importer which does this practice. It will catch up with them one day...

On a separate matter, please take note of rule 9 in this announcement: S15OC Forum Rules - All Users Please Read Carefully. No text speak please :)

J

jj-coupe

no i bought the car in northern ireland about 2 hours from wer i live. i rang a chap about SVA'n it for me, he says if i leave the car with him, he willl do wat has to be done and get it SVA'd for ?1500??

Reaction score
Country
Well i personally wouldnt hand over any mroe money until the car has been fully registered. I hope the SVA centre doing the test or the dealer has all the original parts to revert the car back to stock. Also the documentation will need forging as been mentioned.

Has this person imported S15's before ?

M

Matt_S

LOL, ask him if he knows the difference between SVA and ESVA. ESVA applies since March 31st 2004.

J

jj-coupe

rite, so i need to get it ESVA'd?? which isnt possible for this year of car??
i think i may be screwed!! :wack:

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Unfortunatly, it looks that way, although there are imports out there who have managed to import a 2001 S15, but we dont even want to know how that was done.

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
i would check and see if u can get ur deposit back first and then find something better buddy....