What's new

Need a gearbox, where to get one?

Reaction score
Country
Blown my gearbox :mad: So now Im in desperate need of a new one!

where am I going to get one from? How much is it going to set me back?

proper bummed out about it.

Reaction score
That sucks, man.

Fasthands had three up for sale in his for sale thread in April. Might be worth dropping him a PM to see if he still has them. Think they were up for about £500/600.

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
Bad luck mate. How did it happen?

As said fast hands had a few forsale and £500 is pretty normal price. Because they are rare!

Reaction score
Country
I'm in contact with fasthands now thanks a lot.

And literally was only doing about 40 in third went for 4th and bang...... At first I thought it might have been my clutch but that's all fine when I removed it so must be my box.

If I can figure out how to get my videos to work on photo bucket I will show you.

Reaction score
Country
Unlucky mate!

Were there any signs of wear before hand? Wines? Hard to select gear? Crunches etc?

Do you track or drift your car or use it hard on the road? And I see you were running an exedy paddle, was it single or twin plate?

Reaction score
Country
Literally no signs which was weird and I wasn't even ragging it when it let go. Iv done a track day in it and I know adamL did a few so it's had a fairly hard life I'd imagine.
And yeh it had an exedy paddle in it which was fine tbh but Im going to put that forsale and fit my hypersingle.

If I can find out a how to thread or a diagram so I can strip the gear box I will and find out what's gone wrong.

Reaction score
Country
Most probably 3rd gear synchro failed..

These boxes really don't last that long when you start running more power and use nasty grippy clutches.

Go 5 speed and get a nice single plate clutch that puts less strain on the transmission :)

Reaction score
Country
No point, s14 box's arnt stronger. I went through one at the same power as my s15 and my mate did 2 in at stage 2. The only upside of a 14 box is they are like £100.

I have an rx7 gearbox in my garage I might see how much work it would be to make that fit as that handled 500bhp all day.

Reaction score
Country
Gear set is the same but the 5 speed tends to be more reliable due to proper baffling...put this with a tame clutch and should last quite nice...

Reaction score
Country
I've heard clutch can make a difference, apparently nismo coppermix is meant to be very box friendly, but try finding one of them at a good price.