What's new

Need some advice!, Sufficient fueling?

A

auxoura

Hey guys,

I would like to get some advice from the experienced people here.

I am currently running with stock internals with front Greddy front mount and oil cooler + relocation kit together with Walbro fuel pump and AEM fuel regulator. I am purchasing and swapping my stock turbo and injectors with the HKS GT-SS turbo with HKS reinforced actuator and HKS 555cc side feed injectors.

I would like to know if an E-Manage would be suffient enough to tune my car. I understand that it isn't the best management and its limitations but is it sufficient for my set up or I have not choice but to change my management as well.

Really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Brian

G

gunner93

Hi Aux,

How is it going man?

If its a car to keep, I'd go for stand alones. Higher potential for future upgardes.

Since you are changing to bigger blowers, and the set-up is only half way on stage 2, why not rope in high cams and upgrade to metal gasket to boost the SR up. Probably may need to upgrade wastegate and BOV as well for anything above 1 bar.

A

auxoura

I already have my wastegate and bov.

Cams i doubt it but metal gasket will do it on my next upgrade together with standalone + my NVCS sprocket problem.

I just want to know if the emanage is suffiencient for the time being. =/

K

kazama

This thread is coming from someone who has played with MoTeC before. hahaha

Emanage will be fine for now if you so choose to go down that route.
But then it would be best to try and avoid that as it doesn't have a big enough resolution map as compared to standalones.
IIRC, the emanage doesn't have correction map(s), and a few other functions.
Just get a standalone, you can still sell the emanage and top up the rest for a used E11 or a new E6X. Or a plug and play AEM ecu.

after using a piggyback on one of my previous cars, I would try and avoid doing so again.
The ECU is the brains man, don't skimp on this rich boy (auxoura) ! :D

A

auxoura

=.=

you dont post also better la nick....some here and poke fire...pfft... :D

just that i cant get the haltech now but around mid year. Was jus wondering if the Emanage can last me till then.

S

sillbeers15

Auxoura,

A piggyback ECU like E-managed is more than sufficient for road tune application.

The 80/20 rule applies....piggyback ECUs are 20% effort to get 80% result.

Motec and F Con V Pros are 80% more cost and effort to get an additional20% more results over piggybacks!

You're free to pick your choice.

A

auxoura

I am more afraid that the maximum % of fueling Emanage can add is still not sufficient for my setup. Thats why was just wanted to get an opinion or advice.

The ECU part i will change but not yet.

:) thanks though

K

kazama

=.=

you dont post also better la nick....some here and poke fire...pfft... :D

just that i cant get the haltech now but around mid year. Was jus wondering if the Emanage can last me till then.

It should be alright if you don't really whack it. Ask Alan to set the rev cut at 6000rpm.

Middle of the year will be quite soon, now nearing February,
your car will only get done after CNY, so around March, only a few months to middle of the year. ;)

Reaction score
Hey Auxora,

Since you're only keen on this for the time being i'd go with the SAFC Neo. Saves time and cost as well and its got 32 by 32 points correction. If for some reason you should get the cams then an e-manage would be better.

But IMHO you can still use the factory ecu without any tuning and she'll still run fine, better to save up for an autronic sm-4 or wolf ems.

Cheers

G

gunner93

Brian,

I'd just completed my tankful run with an improvement in FC of 10.8km/ltr. This was with additional 30 flywheel horses Alan squeezed out of the Power FC. It used to be just under 10km/ltr on the factory ECU. It may be just my first fill but will continue to take average for a more consistant stat but indications are with the mods you are going, the stock ECU may not be optimising the hardware upgrades you are putting in. A retune is definately the way to go. :thumbs:

K

kazama

Hey Auxora,

Since you're only keen on this for the time being i'd go with the SAFC Neo. Saves time and cost as well and its got 32 by 32 points correction. If for some reason you should get the cams then an e-manage would be better.

But IMHO you can still use the factory ecu without any tuning and she'll still run fine, better to save up for an autronic sm-4 or wolf ems.

Cheers

If I'm not wrong he already has an emanage thats why he asked that question.

Cheers.