What's new

New Guy, Needs a question answered

F

Flava

hi ppl, s15 owners n lovers, i came 2 this site thru sxoc, i'v wanted a s15/s14 for a while but i kno s15s dont com cheep, i wanna kno wots d best n cheepest way of gettin myself a s15, i dnt wanna spend over ?7000,cos i gotta thnk about d insurance 2. i got m8s wiv rx7s n supras dat they brought in d uk, i wanted 2 kno if importin wud get me 1 dats completely standard wiv no bodywork problems. minor engine problems isnt a biggie cos i got mechanics in d family. i jus wanna kno wot d best way 4me is. i'm not in a rush cos i still hav2 getrid of my car, which is a Honda Accord coupe '98.
Can any1 advise me?:confused: plz???

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Basically, you aren't going to get a Spec R for ?7k unless its a complete crapheap. You will be able to get a Spec S, but that's the non-turbo S15.

Welcome to the site, by the way :wave: A request from the Admins: please try to keep your posts to a reasonable level of English. We've got members from all over the world (whose native languages aren't English) and they may struggle to understand what you typed. I know I did... ;) Please keep text speak for mobiles. :)

F

Flava

Sorry for the poor english.

looks like i'm gonna have to budget higher.
hope i can learn alot from this site and see what the potential of s15s are.
i wanna own the best s15 in d world!!!!

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
yeh its true u wont get one with that money....if u've gotta think about insurance dont bother then if ur gonna get a sports u really have to remember it will come with heavy insurance and maintence if i spelt that right....so if ur want something cheap just go for a S14/A nicely has said ti already so no point me going over it again....

sorry if we sound a bit Ass e we dont mean to be but its just that the forum is world wide and we need it to be readable for most ppl as all information is important to the members

but welcome to the forum and if u do have anymore questions feel free to ask:wave:

Reaction score
Country
Need to budget a minimum of 10k for a decent Spec R when importing (and then some more to cover any potential issues when its over here)

Ive also noticed that good ones in the auctions dont come up anywhere near as often as i first thought. Ive been looking for a decent, non accident, White + full Aero kit for over 2 months now (every other colour has come up consistantly now and again apart from yellow as well!!).

As for insurance i was told by A-Plan it was the same as my Manual FTO GPX (18/19?) with only a increase in premuim to cover the value of the car.

As mentioned, if you really will struggle to get the finance then i would suggest maybe an S14 ? Much better value for money, just far.. far more common.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The S14/a IS much better value for money until you come to sell it and find its worth fook all. That's why so many people now break them rather than sell them... :(

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Nothing wrong with S14's mind, for the money you can get a good example for relativly cheap. Keep and eye out on SXOC

S

s13.5guy

Please speak english, and PLEASE..no fanboy " Im gonna have the best s15 in the WORLD!!" lol.

Welcome to the Forum

Adam

F

Flava

thanx for welcomin me guys, but s14 is too common. i'm gonna have to get an s15. thats got to be done, i guess budgeting is gonna b important. the other important thng is importing: how much money is normally at risk befor the car arrives on uk land n is mine to see n touch?? i kno private importer through the family and they take upto half the price of the upfront.
PS. I kno blue is common, but they look d best dont they? I saw this matt black on this site, (dnt kno how to put pictures up, can any tech me?) this is the tru inner colour of a s15 how much will it cost to spray 1 like this?

S

s13.5guy

thanx for welcomin me guys, but s14 is too common. i'm gonna have to get an s15. thats got to be done, i guess budgeting is gonna b important. the other important thng is importing: how much money is normally at risk befor the car arrives on uk land n is mine to see n touch?? i kno private importer through the family and they take upto half the price of the upfront.
PS. I kno blue is common, but they look d best dont they? I saw this matt black on this site, (dnt kno how to put pictures up, can any tech me?) this is the tru inner colour of a s15 how much will it cost to spray 1 like this?
Im gonna go insane from trying to read your posts...:no:...you mean theses pics?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Blue is common? Have you counted the number of pewter and whites? :p

If you go via one of our favourite importers, like Torque GT or ProDrift, you'll get the opportunity to reject the car if its not up to the standard you were expecting, and you won't pay anything. If you import yourself, you will save some money, but the car is yours whether you like it or not. This will also be the case with quite a few import companies, so you need to check.

How do I post pics?

S

s13.5guy

There are sure a lot of whites and pewters. I really love the blue though, hence I like yours christian....^

F

Flava

this blue 1s beautiful ^ (nicely), i was reading the specs on it, luks like alot work and alot of money? y ddnt u go for big power increases?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
To safely get more power, I'd have to spend thousands on a turbo, and uprating internals. I'm quite happy with the power I've got now :) If I start wanting more, I just drive the Hilux a bit more. That brings me back down to earth again! :p

Reaction score
Country
As far as importing goes i think you will have to pay for the initial purchase of the car after completion of sale in Japan. Then you pay the final full amount upon delivery.

One thing you will need is patience. Unless you are prepared to take the first S15 that takes your fancy or just get lucky it can take a while waiting for a good one to come up. Many (if not most) of the cars (and ive been checking the USS auctions every day for 2 months) have accident history which is a problem when you dont get the chance to look over the car until you actually have it or have been extensively modified meaning its difficult if not impossible to get it ESVA'd.

Companies like Prodrift also usually have a stock of 1 or 2 cars already if you cant handle the long wait so may also be an option, at least this way theres no chance of any nasty suprises or upsets.

F

Flava

i'v got a while b4 i actually buy 1, i know dat i will buy 1 so i'm doin the research, my cousins got an rx7 and his twin turbos r powerful, but i love d luk of d silvia, i'm jus comin in2 age (jus turnd 21 in may) n my current car is jus 2 civilised (honda accord coupe '98). i like d colour of nicely's 1, i'm willing to wait for a good 1 to turn up b4 i make any hasty decisions,
are there any meets in the southeast or london? i wanna see some, cos they'r so i rare i'v seen more enzo's than silvias, i'v actualy neva seen a s15 in london

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
nope we havent had a meet this yr at all as its hard to find time for everything to meet up and i refuse to organisze one untill i sort mine out lol......

Reaction score
you will definitely struggle to get insurance at your age and your location! its not the best of places to own these sort of cars. i only just got mine but i know youll be waiting a hell of a long time for a good example thats only 7k and even longer if you want it to be anything other than white or pewter.

and extending on what everyone else said, please no text talk! its so irritating.