What's new

Nicely's Rear brake conversion

Sender

Reaction score
Country
My mate who's done it says that I don't need Z32/S13 parking brake components and backing plate. He said he just bent it?
tell him he's a muppet, to get you handbrake working you need all those bits and proper anchor bolt (one on right)

What do I do to refurbish calipers? I have a Z32 rear caliper but do I need to pull it apart and give them a clean?
yes, and you need also rebuilt kit for them, in nissan it cost 71,50 and part number is 44120-43p26

Reaction score
DOH, as above. you need the backing plate because all the handbrake mech' is internal on the setup.

on the S15 as standard it's on the caliper itself.

S

silviac

tell him he's a muppet, to get you handbrake working you need all those bits and proper anchor bolt (one on right)
Ok so I need this anchor bolt from S13? When you said all those bits, you meant parking brake mechanism right? What is it also called anyway?

I got me this handbrake cable off r33. Does it matter whether its coupe or sedan? Also it looks like i'm missing some brackets on the cable, is it? I hope i'm on the right track to hunt down parts...

S

silviac

Just wondered that if I can use lithium grease as opposed to copper grease? Or do I have to stick to copper grease for all brake parts?