Not for sale :d

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Good news...

As of this morning I've decided not to sell my S15 :)

I think putting her up for sale has made me taken an instant back seat in terms of modding/spending cash on her and reflect on my priorities as a father of two young boys etc. Missus won't be happy but she's always been supportive and knew deep down I never wanted to sell. Also added to the fact the market is awful and there's no way I was willing to drop less than £9k!! :wack:

Now the small matter of the Stagea I've put deposit on lol... I'll still get this and end up garaging the S15 over winter which can only be a good thing. Next year maybe around spring I will see if anyone wants to buy the Stagea or p/x with an economical runabout so I end with what I should have done in the first place... a sensible daily and keep the Silvia for fun times :D

Thanks for all the support on this forum and my friends elsewhere... it's the encouragement of how much I've done and the enjoyment of being on this forum in particular that's been a big factor in me changing my mind and thinking 'feck it... keep her and just enjoy in moderation'!!!! :cool:

James

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
good man,glad you came to your senses mate! i am in the same boat gotta try and sell my type r so i can get a runaround but its looking like its not gonna be easy.
gonna wait till after xmas and see what happens.
when you get her out after the winter just drive her and enjoy her for a while,i am sure you have made the right decision and glad you'll be sticking around for a while longer,may even get some more "how to " guides out of you yet lol:wack:

S

S15 SILVIA

LOL
Well good to see your not leaving just yet.
Shame youve got to go through with buying the staggea now, as nice as it is.
Mabey this will be a bit of a wake up call with you and the family now.
Hopefully we can finally arrange that get to gether we been on about.
Mike

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I couldn't recommend having a daily car enough. It will save you loads of money in fuel and when you drive the Silvia, it feels so much better and more special. Admittedly, I only do about 2000miles per year in mine but it feels so good to get in it after a couple of weeks of Punto power!!

Try to not spend a penny on the Stagea though or you'll end up in the same boat again!

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Congratulations James, I'm delighted for you :thumbs: I miss mine every single day and I regret selling it every time I walk out of work and see whats sitting in the spot that she used to sit in waiting for me :cry:

I've even offered to buy it back but the new owner was having none of it :annoyed:

you've made the right choice :nod:

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol cheers guys - appreciate the support as always :thumbs:

Trial - can you not find another one or is it a case of only wanting your old one back? :(

Yep I'm gonna look to see if I can p/x the Stagea next year for a dirty diesel runabout plus cash going my way etc. At least it gives me around 6 months or so driving something different (and with 280 bhp lol) and truly getting used to Silvia being a second car sat in the garage... let the mods slow right down.........

So if anyone's interested in a Stagea or know's anyone who would be then now's the time to let me know and we can arrange something for next year haha!! :D

DeanS15

My car is so clean you could eat off it.
Reaction score
Country
for gods sake, what a messer. whats the world coming to.......i mean who would do something like this.......

twice.......
:whistle:

Reaction score
Country
When you drive a car daily, you get used to the power, and then it just seems normal again, so you mod it more.
If you've got a normal daily drive, you don't get as used to the power of the 15 as quickly, so still have that thrill when you drive it, and thus won't want to mod it as much. That's my theory anyway

The best is when you haven't drove it for a few months over winter, then when you go out in it again you'll be like this >:D

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
^^ think you hit the nail on the head Dan... it's not like I was getting bored of the S15 cos I'll never get bored of her!! But using her as a daily has really made me want to keep changing things and upgrading ALL THE TIME. I was seriously addicted.

Now I've eased off loads, it feels like breath of fresh air. Take my time sorting things that needs sorting, upgrading a bit at a time. And the fact I have a Stagea until next spring/summer means the pressure's off to get things like gearbox upgraded with RB conversion or engine rebuild... these things can come along in good time.

I was in a cycle where I desperately wanted all the work doing today, tomorrow before any failures actually happened... this is not the case anymore specially knowing it won't be a daily driver now :)

BTW - Dean, I have no idea what you're on about :p :D

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
Trial - can you not find another one or is it a case of only wanting your old one back? :(
No I needed to sell it to get my house sorted before I'm out of a job which is gonna happen next year so I wasn't gonna go Silvia shopping with the money even though I'd love to...

Despite that I was serious when I offered to buy it back off him, I was gonna try to find another way to get the funds together but Conor wasn't interested :( He's a decent bloke so it doesn't depress me as much as it could have if some young brat was driving it and abusing it....

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
Thank god for that, I was going to have to send Craig around to slap you.

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Lmao! Ill spin him out at his birthday go-karting tomorrow! Oh, did I forget to mention it is Mr Lu's birthday?!

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
lol I think mine lasted longer Mr Tooley ner ner :p :D

Craig - you can spin me but I'll only end up getting back flagged all day tomo at karting cos a) it will be wet and b) I will be sideways ALL the time lmao :cool:

Cheers Dean but it's not quite my birthday yet... it's 11th November!! Only organised this early cos the karting place said I could get a discount for everyone taking part if I moved to this weekend haha................ meh?!

Wayne - when I'm ready to sell I'll be sure to let you know and I'll deffo put up a thread on here so you have as much info for as long as I have the car ;)

meddler - I think Craig would want to slap me anyways even now just to make sure I STOP SPENDING!!!!!!!!! grrrrr :D

Trial - I know's buddy must be hard fo ya... well as you say at least it's a decent bloke who has it so not totally horrendous situation :wack:

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
ahhh... birthday huh.....

sounds like a mid life crisis!!!!! :p