What's new

Ogura Replacement Clutch Failure

F

finch

Hi All,

I own a S15 Silvia imported from Japan. I bought it with a bad clutch, first it slipped on the high gears then on all the gears. I ordered a new Ogura 409 for the my Silvia. After some hard time replacing the clutch, I managed to fit every thing as it was and went to start up the engine to verify my work. These are the problems I had immediately on the first start up after the clutch replacement:

Squeaking/rattling noise, apparently coming from the clutch, then it stops after a few seconds.
Squeaking/rattling noise when I press the clutch pedal.

Can some one please point out to what may be wrong? Also is it ok to use the standard clutch slave cylinder with this new clutch?

Thank you very much guys.

F

finch

No its a single plate, Ogura super single. I figured out that the noise on start up comes from the safe starter. The sound when pressing the clutch is the one that's bothering me. I found a clip on youtube which sounds pretty much like mine's. In the comments they said that it is normal but I'm still worried and would like to be sure. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKGvB7-Iw70