What's new

oil cooler and filter relocator...

Reaction score
just wondering, from people that've installed one.

The plate that attaches to the block, did you connect the hoses to it first, then screw that onto the block?

cause i can't see it as being possible to screw the hoese on to the plate once it's on the car, just can't possibly get a spanner in there???

cheers

D

Derek

Pipes on after for me also. As far as i remember i went at it from underneath. Tight fecker of a spot.

Reaction score
can't use a socket cause it wouldn't slide over the hose....

i'll try with a spanner from under the car.... they're like a 21mm nut on the hose, so it's gotta be a big spanner....

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I attached the block first and then the hoses with earls fittings.
Didn't have much choice but to use a big wrench. Very very very very fiddly and painful. But it's doable.

Reaction score
no matter how much I tried to tighten mine by hand, i couldn't get mine tight enough, so I actually took off the whole intake plenum andintake manifold to fit mine, once all that is out of the way, its pretty easy to tighten it all up

Reaction score
Country
yeap i did mine that way too..
just need to monitor it closely as they can leak very easy mine leaked twice)... specially from where the new filter sits. when you tighten the filter you can easily undo the nut that hold it in so make sure you tighten it from the bottom too. hope you know what i mean.

i dont like the earls jubalee fitting at all. make sure you tighten these with a proper spanner as i only thightened mine with a screw driver the whole hose came off. lucky i had a oil pressure gauge which saved me as i was planning a long trip.

Reaction score
mine are braided hoses that actually bolt on to fixings.....

no jublee clips.

will keep an eye for leaks, i had one for ages cause i couldn't get the time to get under the car, it was from the sandwhich plate, where the defi sensor went in. but that's not on the car no more.... cause i've no need for the sandwhich....

weather dependant, i'll attempt this weekend! :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
.......i dont like the earls jubalee fitting at all. make sure you tighten these with a proper spanner as i only thightened mine with a screw driver the whole hose came off. lucky i had a oil pressure gauge which saved me as i was planning a long trip.
That's why you should get these :)

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Very nice, but totally unnecessary. :)
Maybe.
But when you hear stories about people blowing their engines on track because of hoses to the oil-cooler comming loose (jubelee clipped on) you tend to want to get something better :)

It's a cheap insurance. only about ?6-7 a piece :)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Could these not be used for a filter relocation also?

With a filter relocation, when you drain the oil, there must still be some in the filter, no? If there is, does it not spill out when taken off?

Reaction score
i wasn't fussed about the cooler really, so it's only an 11 row.... smallest they did. it was just cheaper than the greddy filter relocator! :)