What's new

overboost

H

hachis15

guys i had the s15 out for a spin a while ago and i noticed when i was passing out a car id felt like the car overboosted it just died for a sec and came back then i tried it again and the boost gauge went right up to 1bar which i have never seen it do before im not running any boost mods or anything like that its standard except a fmic any ideas,thanks

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
The FMIC will make the car boost slightly higher than standard. Fuel cut is usually encountered if its particularly cold. I would expect people to hit it around 1 bar without supporting mods. However, your car shouldn't boost beyond 0.7/0.8 bar without having the boost tampered with... Sure it hasn't had the free boost upgrade?

H

hachis15

@ nicley,sorry but what is the the free boost upgrade,and it was cold last nite but not any colder then i have drove it in before,i doubt its the fmic cause i have the car six months and it never done it before,i tried it again today it went up to one bar but didnt die this time so any ideas,thanks

Reaction score
sounds like fuel cut.... i've had it before a couple times.... only when first starting the car and pulling off though.

feels like one big jerk then back on again....

M

Matt_S

sounds like fuel cut.... i've had it before a couple times.... only when first starting the car and pulling off though.

feels like one big jerk then back on again....

Way to go. Cane the car from cold :wack:

P

Pazz

Reminds me of a Rover 620ti I use to have. Use to fuel cut it's arse off sometimes. Dump valve was hella loud when cold tho :cool:

Reaction score
Way to go. Cane the car from cold :wack:

who ever said i was "caning the car from cold"????

it was at about 3000rpm! i didn't say i was bouncing it on the limiter, fool! i was turning down a road 40 meters from my house, so in no way was i "caning" it.

H

hachis15

thanks for the help guys, @Dazz0i ya it just sort of jerks for a second and comes back again,so ye reckon its the fuel cut is that a big job to fix ?

Reaction score
i've done nothing to sort it.... litterally had it like.... twice. Can't remember last time i had it. Certainly not enough to worry about it. Only ever when the car was cold, and it was cold out.

(Just for future reference if i come to sell my car and someone reads this I DO NOT THRASH MY CAR FROM COLD!!!!! :) )