What's new

Pearl S15 from the Northeast

Reaction score
Country
Pearl S15 from the Northeast now featured on Drifted.com

*ADDED*
Car is now featured on drifted.com
http://www.drifted.com/feature-just-a-clean-nissan-s15/

Thought I'd start a thread on here as my "Introduce yourself" thread is getting a bit long.

So I just picked up a Pearl white S15.
2000 Spec R
clocks showing 129k, but 97 of those are km's
Car was originally imported by JM-Imports and has had 1 previous UK owner

Car isnt huge spec but it is going to be my new daily driver in the spring-autumn months, so not wanting anything silly.
(Currently building a mental-spec S14a for drifting etc)

Needs a little bit of work, windscreen, a few bits of paint etc

Spec:
FMIC
Nismo Cat-back
Tomei expreme manifold and elbow
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
Manual boost controller
Do-Luck inner Floor brace
HSD Coilovers
Cusco Strut Braces
Brace in boot floor that goes between chassis legs (unsure if this is standard or not? Its not on S14's)
4 arm driftworks alignment kit
Qashqai Headunit with working satnav/bluetooth/handsfree etc.
Turbo Timer
Short Shifter
Depo Boost, Oil temperature and Oil pressure gauges
Impul Front and rear bumpers
Various selection of wheels (due to owning the s14a lol)

Havent got any proper pictures yet but here are what I have:

Future plans for the car;
Few bits of paintwork need doing, there's a dent right in the corner of the windscreen, also windscreen is cracked, so need to source a screen, remove the old one, get it repaired/painted and refit the new screen. (Finding one is proving to be more difficult than I thought)
Front bumper requires repaired and painted, unsure whether I like it or not yet, would quite like a standard spec R bumper with integra splitter, but will just get this repaired for time being.
Fully undersealed/waxoyl'd
Get a Nistune board/Emanage/Power FC and get it mapped down at Protuner - not looking for huge power, just want to make sure everythings right.
Maybe get a pair of 18' grids for the rear and run 17's front 18's rear, I'm not sure yet.
Would also like a Helical LSD, Currently has a VLSD and its rubbish, dont want to fit a welded diff, and dont want to fit my Cusco 2way as it bangs and clunks.

Last edited:

S15AK

Reaction score
Country
Nice plans,

Regarding a diff, I've got the Nismo Pro GT and its great, hardly makes any noise.

Reaction score
Country
Ah my mate has a Nismo 2way in his s14 and its really loud and clunky, not as bad as my Cusco 2way but still pretty bad.
Its probably not gonna see any track use so I would like a helical one for fast road. I could put my welder on but it just makes it a little understeery thats all

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I have a r34gtr v spec diff on my car , they come with 1.5 way diff as stock, is totally silent and gives next level grip over the helical. Another option for you anyway

Last edited:

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
I've got an r32 GTR diff comes with a 2 way as stock (non vspec models) so you get quiet 2 way action, can be fitted into your casing and can use the output shafts and drive shafts.

Reaction score
The boot brace is standard on the Spec R, Scott. You finished building the engine you bought last year for the S14a?

Reaction score
Country
The boot brace is standard on the Spec R, Scott. You finished building the engine you bought last year for the S14a?
Ah right.
Yeah mate the engine is built, its just the rest of the car that isnt haha.
Nearly finished the seam welding on it then it needs painting etc and I can start putting it together. Its been taking a long time because I have been trying not to cut any corners etc and buy the best bits I can afford etc. The only original parts from the car will be the dash and clocks and actual shell, everything else is new.

Reaction score
Country
Cool Car, love the Qashqai Headunit with working satnav/bluetooth/handsfree etc. Is it a direct fit? what year Qashqai was it out of? in for more info!

Reaction score
Country
Out of a 2012 qashqai Tekna I believe, usb/aux input is fitted in place of the cigarette lighter so looks really clean.

Reaction score
Country
Fits perfectly, as I say, if it wasnt for the fact the illumination is orange rather than green you would never know its not standard. I'll try and get some better pics

Reaction score
Country
Got myself some 18' Work Meisters :)

Normally I'm against 18's on S-bodies but think the S15 suits 18's better than 17's

Only 9j but low offset, need to figure out tyre sizes etc and get them sweet, would like to try and get them on without adding too much camber or having to pull the arches a massive amount, tried a 225/40/18 but rear arches are sitting on the tyre.
Havent yet tried them on the front, but I'm thinking 215/40/18 rear, 215/35/18 front, would rather not run a 35 profile tyre like but want it to sit nice without destroying the arches.
Wheels need a refurb before they go on properly.
Preview pics;

Reaction score
Country
yeah, the wheels need a refurb so hoping to get the lips possibly polished, or a bright silver/chrome powdercoat. Unsure whether to keep the centres gold or do them white.
Personally think the gold goes well with the pearl white especially at night/under streetlamps