What's new

power fc or link g4?

mattyb

Reaction score
Country
It depends what link g4 your talking about, i think theres 6 or 7 models.

But the best thing you can do when buying an ecu is spend as much as you can afford to.

Reaction score
Country
the link G4 is newer technology then the PFC and has way more what to do when functionality compared to the power fc and alot more inputs, the link also had the option of the plug in heads up display. The plug in version has the software on it just as the extreme does, the wire in Atom is normally more then enough for a road car, the Storm is better, and the extreme is track car focused, but when you get the extreme version in plug in then why not. An being a NZ company everyone here knows how to tune link ECU's

Reaction score
Country
theres nothing wrong with the PFC, just stick with it for now, they have been keeping SR20s running fine for the last 10 years

Reaction score
Country
tune it for the most power you can get, providing its safe.. 300hp at the wheels is what the stock turbo / cams make on 18psi so having a better turbo / cam setup you should be able to get another 50hp easy. Just ensure the tuner is thinking longevity for your engine and not all out power that lasts a few track days, you car is not a circuit car so think long term use

Dont listen to the advice of anyone under the age of 25... general rule of life

Reaction score
Country
just do what you can do for now its not about bragging rights as to whos got the highest power figure its about enjoying your car, ive got a cef which makes twice the power of the S15 but its only good for doing skids/drifting, the S15 is a great grip car for open road driving or circuit time attack and can out corner evos going up the kaimai ranges..... (take that 4wd car lovers) The power you are making is well fast enough for the road, i went for a drive around the coromandel peninsula on friday you are probable making more power then me, but i had more then enough for the road, could shoot through the winding sections with ease, pass other cars like they were going backwards, absolutely love hill country road driving. Just get it running well and enjoy it before you stove it and kill yourself, saying that cause i work with 18year olds who own all power no handling or stopping cars let along any ability to handle the power they have got.

Reaction score
Power FC will still give you good tuning up to about 450hp. With that 2876 it will be more then adequate and can cope with a 2871 as well. If you were going bigger, say a 3071 or GTX and running E85 then I would go to newer technology. A popular ECU over here atm is the Haltec series They can run dual maps for 98 or E85.

Reaction score
Country
Yea very true, my cars handling is pretty insane much better than my brothers evo and they're supposed to be kings of handling. I love driving through the gorge done it 2 weeks ago so so fun down shifting and what not every second powering out of corners so fun. But im smart for my age you probably think oh yea they all say that but na i know the limits ive actually never drifted my car and only done very small minimal skids. unlike my mates they just go too far.. i make sure everythings safe otherwise i dont even risk it. btw was testing my boost today with the knock and what not and got a random boost spike to 25 POUND! freaked out was not good at all, but that didnt knock it only knocks 4th gear + now. Because i played around with one of my boost settings to see if it knocks less and its much better than it was... still needs a tune though

Reaction score
Country
the 25 spike might just have been a gauge reading funny, ive got an apexi one and it gets muddled up from time to time tells me i have a vac of -40 then only boosts to 9psi, slap it and it zeros itself and goes back to reading the same as the boost controller. you would of had a bad knock reading with a level like that.

And you are right "you probably think oh yea they all say that" i do think they all say that, i was a "good driver" as well when i was 20....