What's new

R33 GTR diff into S15 - ABS adaption

SR2O

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I've recently acquired an R33 GTR - diff, half shafts, and axels (6 bolt) for the S15. I have not come across anything online regarding what needs to be done to retain the ABS system using the new R33 GTR diff.

In the R33 GTR, two ABS sensors from the diff are used to provide a signal through a single harness plug. The S15 uses one ABS sensor through to a single harness plug.

So the question, which scenario am I in? :

A) The ABS sensor harness from R33 GTR diff plugs straight into the S15 harness and provides the corrent signal for S15 ABS module.
B) The ABS sensor harness from the R33 GTR diff required modification to harness plug and/or signal for the S15 ABS module

C) The R33 GTR diff centre and half shafts need to be frankenstiened with the S15 diff to retain ABS

D) Other scenario

Appreciate your help guys, apologies if this is covered somewhere but damned if I can find it!

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
Hmmm I have a skyline diff iirc it's a r33 4.11. Ratio and mine was just plug and play, the shafts Differ to the s15 half shafts but I changed diff and shafts together and all was well ... As I said plug and play bolted everything up connected the abs and away we go !

SR2O

Reaction score
Was yours an R33 GTST series II or R33 GTR? Both of these variants have a 4.11 ratio, but the GTST has a single ABS sensor as opposed to the dual in the GTR.

I am replacing the half shafts\axles to the GTR items are they are a stronger 6 bolt than the S15 version.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
I replaced the shafts too the skyline shafts are slightly thicker too and definitely stronger!
I'm not too sure which mine is now you ask was a while ago I did the swap....