What's new

Rb25det - s15

T

tez

Hey guys

My sons mate owns a non-turbo S15 and i we are trying to go down the RB path engine transplant.

I'm just wondering if this has been done before, how hard is it, and in you're guys opinion is it cheaper / and or worth it, we are from nz so the SR motors are quiet hard to come across as there used alot for drifting etc. so the RB25DET series are a lot cheaper and easier to come by. thanks for any information

Tez

Reaction score
there's quite a bit of work involved. it's bascially the same as using an RB in an S14.

loads of people have done that, so base your research on that! :)

it has been done though!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
There's someone on SXOC about to embark on an RB26 transplant in a quite well known Spec R. Doesn't help with existing research, but might be interesting to follow.

Welcome to the s15oc, Tez :)

Reaction score
the TEIN one is quite a different story to the usual process, which is why i didn't list it. it's set extremely far back to move the weight from the front of the car to slightly behind the front wheels.

P

Pazz

the TEIN one is quite a different story to the usual process, which is why i didn't list it. it's set extremely far back to move the weight from the front of the car to slightly behind the front wheels.
I believe the fabrication involved was immense. But then I dont think it was actually done on any usual budget. Still I thought it could be useful for other reasons. Its the only one I know of.

But its the usual weight distribution debate.

I know of an RB25 S14a in my area, last I checked it was for sale. But I've not driven it so cant really comment on handling etc.

Reaction score
yea, i'm sure their budget is sky high compared to any of us here! LOL lovely car though!

Using an RB26 is also a more difficult process, you need to modify the sump or use an RB25 sump.