Rear Brake Callipers

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
Hi everyone :wave:

Just need some advice on the rear brakes!

Recently, after a regular service, Chris my mechanic noticed that the rear pads were worn so he changed them - no probs there.

Since he's changed them, I've noticed that there's a little bit of a rubbing/scraping noise when I drive at low speeds (windows down so you can hear etc). This noise matches the rotation of the wheels so I thought it must be the brakes.

Over the past two days, after parking up the car, I've checked all four discs and brake calliper areas and the rears are much hotter than the fronts?!

Chris reckons this could just be the heat dissipation but coupled with the fact that there are scoring marks on the rear discs, we both think the rear brakes are not coming on and off properly - something is sticking...

So, Chris is going to check that the handbrake doesn't require re-adjusting but there is a possibility that the callipers on the rear have worn out/seized in some way and the mechnism for allowing the pots to pop in and out might be totally knackered.

In the worst case scenario - I have to look into buying new rear brake callipers... :(

*Can anyone let me know whether the S15 rear brake callipers matches the same part as used by any other UK Nissan vehicle? Chris has suggested that if I need new callipers, it's much cheaper getting a part from a UK car than trying to source 'callipers for the S15' from Japan even.

Thanks and apologies for such a long story!!

James :thumbs:

Last edited:
S

sillbeers15

The S14 calipers and S15 ones are identical. The S14 is officially imported into UK, isn't it?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
As said, they're the same as the S14/a. They might just need refurbing :)

If you need new ones, I'd be inclined to see how much they are from brakeparts.co.uk rather than Nissan.