What's new

rear brake conversion...

Reaction score
lookin' into the rear brake conversions.....

basically, i know you "loose" the handbrake unless you change to the shoes inside the disc....

but... what i'm wanting to know is, can the S13 back plate and mech' be used?

i know you'd have to cut the back plate cause it isn't big enough for the discs.... all i wanna know is, can it be used?

pretty sure it can, cause i've been reading about, and i'm sure they'll work on the s14.

it's easier if so, cause there's loads of them being broke, and local too! :)

Reaction score
Can you please explain why you would change rear brakes for the S13 type are they bigger? I have 20" wheels on my car and the standard ones look tiny sat in there,does anyone know of a brake conversion that will look better?Thanks guys. Nicely any suggestions would be much appreciated

Reaction score
don't know if you're aware or not though.... the S13 rear discs are bigger than the S15/S14 ones!!!!

not by much though! and they have the better handbrake!

S

sillbeers15

I know for certain that S13 is 4 lug while the S14 and S15 are 5 lugs.

So, I've heard of S13 converting to S14, S15 hub and not the other way round. I'm sure the S13's back plate is for 4 lugs!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Yep, there are several things that you couldn't use due to the four stud setup. However, the handbrake mechanism would be fine.

One of the biggest reasons to change to an independent handbrake/disc brake setup is that the combined S14 setup is crap.

Apex do a 330mm AP Racing kit, but its ?1500... The Z32/R33 setup is a good upgrade, but the discs will still look small. DB Power is currently developing a rear Z32/R33 large disc conversion... :)

Reaction score
R32 V-spec, R33 GTR and R43 GTR all run the same brake setup! :)
Thanks Dazz0i I will have to keep a look out for a GTR that is being broken. Are the front brakes bigger than the S15's and if so can they be fitted?,or what is a good alternative for the front?:)

Reaction score
yep. the front brembo's are 324mm and will fit on! :)

believe you need shorter bolts to bolt them on with though... :)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
It'd be cheaper to just get a DB Power 330mm kit, some R32GTR/R33GTS callipers and Aston pads though. You wouldn't lose anything over the Brembos except the word 'BREMBO'.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
As I always say, the weight difference would only be the difference between a 12st driver and a 13st driver. If its that important, either go on a diet or buy an Elise... (obviously, you're already a beanpole, Topper! :p )

Reaction score
maybe i got mine for a good price...

but i don't think i could get front and rear calipers, a DB brake kit (although i have one) all for the price of the brembo's i got.... the brembo calipers are bigger too though....

weren't aware the aston pads fitted?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
:nod: Nearly cover the entire surface of my 345s. They need a slight mod to the pin holes and spring clip groove. DB Power does this.

Reaction score
As I always say, the weight difference would only be the difference between a 12st driver and a 13st driver. If its that important, either go on a diet or buy an Elise... (obviously, you're already a beanpole, Topper! :p )
**** im closer to 14st and i'd never get an elise at 6'1 it wouldn't be so comfy and the S15 is just too good to change:thumbs: