What's new

Rear Light Reverse -> Foglight Mod

Reaction score
Country
Im hoping someone has already done this and can provide some pointers?

If you look at the clear section on the OEM rear lights, its made of a different piece to the rest, so i was wondering if its possible to just 'pop it out', colour it red, and pop it back in! change a bit of the wiring around, and hey presto, no rear fog light in the bumper.

Anyone done this before? because its something i'd really like to try.. plus its near enough free :D

Reaction score
Not sure how to do this, but you defo can. Mine is like this, Torque-GT who imported the car do it on the cars they bring in. Might be worth giving them a call, I'm sure they will be kind enough to let you know how to do it.

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@4ndy_hunt
It was done to mine too by jm imports. Could it be a coloured bulb as the colour is a little odd on mine?

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
It's better to get yourself a very bright LED bulb if you do it. There are some on ebay.com that are brighter than the normal 21W brake light bulb and would do the job perfectly.
If you just paint a bulb it gets hot when it's on and can melt the bulb holder.

Reaction score
Country
It's better to get yourself a very bright LED bulb if you do it. There are some on ebay.com that are brighter than the normal 21W brake light bulb and would do the job perfectly.
If you just paint a bulb it gets hot when it's on and can melt the bulb holder.
Sorry, i didnt mean paint the bulb, I meant paint the clear 'lens' red, and then whap a bright red bulb behind it too, dont think a red bulb on its own would be red enough to pass an MOT..

Trial_S15

Reaction score
Website
www.modifiedmotors.ie
Country
There are OEM versions of what you're looking for but they will obviously be more expensive than painting yours! You could always sell yours on though after you've bought an OEM pair....

Alternatively you could try a red film / paint on the outside of your taillight? No lense removal required :thumbs:

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Sorry, i didnt mean paint the bulb, I meant paint the clear 'lens' red, and then whap a bright red bulb behind it too, dont think a red bulb on its own would be red enough to pass an MOT..
If you can find a red bulb it should be good enough for a MOT as long as it's 21W. Just found this too. Would look a lot smarter than painting your cluster, plus you won't see it when it's off