What's new

Rear seat space?

H

Hostile Smoker

Hi guys, been keeping my eye out for an S15 for a while now but have just read something in another thread which has prompted me to ask a question I should have asked months ago - how much space is there in the back?

I come from an FTO and being 6'1" there was barely any space in the back of it for the kids, I just figured the S15 was a little bigger than that? Please someone tell me I'm right & I can still get one...

D

Derek

Fairly tight. Being 6'1 there be no room behind you anyway. The other side might have some chance. The boot is good though..

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
An S15 is not a car to be buying if you want to transport any living thing in the back seats for any length of time... But then, neither is any sports car.

To seat anyone in the back, either you or your front seat passenger will have to sit with their seat pulled more forward than you'd like.

Reaction score
Country
Coupe's always suck for this. I dont hink the S15 is going to be any better for leg room than the FTO :(

About the only 2 door sports car ive seen with decent space in the back is the RX8. Other than that your looking at 4 doors (Scooby, Evo etc).

subzero

Reaction score
beautiful back seats , very comfy but youd have to be a midget ! its brutal for rear leg space. An s15 is really a 2seater. which is why i boguht it, hate peeps in the back of the car :)

2OOsxy

i agree with subzero .....

I have travelled long distance with two very tall blokes in the car and their ridiculous amount of luggage (so much it filled the boot to the lid and one piece had to sit on the backseat with the passenger.

We found that the leg room on the passengers side front seat was good enough to still let someone sit in the back ... but even still the rear passenger was more comfortable sitting on the diagonal. It is doable but not something you would want to do a lot.

Your next issue is headroom for a tall passenger in the rear seat as the roofline does slope down quite quickly and the window meets the roof just near their head - so if there is hot sun pounding overhead or slightly from the rear of the car their head will get pretty uncomfortable too!

H

Hostile Smoker

:cry: This isn't good news at all, it's taken me 6 months to decide on what I definitely wanted.

Generally it would only be me in the car but I have 3 kids so need to be able to put them in the back on short journeys from time to time...

Think I need to go take a look at one to be sure before I just write the idea off...

2OOsxy

ah kids would fit no probs :D - young ones anyhow (there is even 2 places for child restraint devices) - but the 15 only has four seating positions and not five (ie. only 2 rears) so if you need three rear spots you may have an issue.

H

Hostile Smoker

I fitted a lap belt in my FTO so shouldn't be a problem, but as a general rule one of them could sit in the front anyway.

Right, going to go take a look at one this weekend and make sure it's a possibility...:)

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
No offence, but you are seriously considering buying a 2+2 sports car when you've got three kids?!! :eek: Fine when they're in child seats, but as soon as they need to sit properly...

Agree with 2OOsxy about headroom. I had four in my S14 on a road trip to Belgium. Was fooking cramped and I had to sit with my seat forward. Leg room is about the same in the S15. However, the roof is noticeably lower in the back. Passengers who'd been in the back of both were biatching about the leg room AND the roof in the S15!!

H

Hostile Smoker

No offence, but you are seriously considering buying a 2+2 sports car when you've got three kids?!! :eek:
lol, none taken, I know how it sounds, but I'm single, live on my own, and 99% of my driving is just me in the car or is the 2 mile trip between my house and the kids house so even if it's a tight fit it's not too much of a problem.

I do need to be able to fit them in obviously but I dont necessarily need the space of an EVO etc. as I managed ok with the FTO - but if the S15 is any smaller it'd be a no go.

Biggest problem is I've never been in one, only admired them from a distance.