What's new

RWYB 1/4 mile times

craig8585

I'm so cool, I have my own fan thread :p
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
Has anyone on here taken their cars to a RWYB day? If so what times did you get??

I went to Shakespeare County Raceway for a bit of fun today and posted a standing 1/4 time of 13.1 with a terminal speed of 110mph. Was a bit disappointed as I wanted to get into the 12's really but the grip off the line wasn't great. Missed 2nd gear on a couple of runs though which was a bit annoying too!

:)

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
I'll let you know next time I go mate. Would be cool to do a head to head :)

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
I thought low 13's are pretty good if you're still on stock tubby mate (well almost stock tubby lol) :D

My runs were crap but they are nearly 12 months ago when it was wet so 1st/2nd gear grip... forget it :wack: Best I ever did at Pod was around low 14's but that was completely stock S15 apart from filter and catback exhaust *runs away* lol

What were your reaction times?? I think I was getting down to 0.6/0.7 sec... they say anything below 0.4 or summat and it's kinda 'predicting' the green light haha!!!

craig8585

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Country
A couple of the SXOC boys have got low 13's on 300ish bhp so I was hoping to get into the 12's. I reckon with a bit more grip at the start it could have definatly been done. Was only running 1.1 bar on that run too.

Best reaction was 0.55 seconds but I was messing around with the launch control on a couple of them after doing a 'tyre clean' so they were huge! I found launching around 3500rpm was best with the LC but there was a bit of axle tramp which I guess is due to having stock bushes and only locking collars. Not sure if its worth shifting into 5th towards the end either as I cross the line around 6800rpm in 4th. Good bit of fun though - you should come too next time James :)