What's new

S15 on pistonheads

S15_SAM

NisSam
Reaction score
Country
It looks very clean but pics never tell the whole story. Abit high on price for a standard car but then I know a lot of people like that!
Sorry I'm not close enough but someone else may be!

CMR

Reaction score
Country
It looks very clean but pics never tell the whole story. Abit high on price for a standard car but then I know a lot of people like that!
Sorry I'm not close enough but someone else may be!
That's cheap for a fresh import with a decent grade, mods never add value to a car...although I have a feeling it may be a grade R. Only way to know is ask the seller for the auction sheet.

Mike

Reaction score
Country
Sorry cant help with that one much but if im going to stick my ore in I may aswell give my thoughts! If your looking at that money I wouldn't hesitate about going for Jay's/Fruitbooters red 2002 on the classified. A very good buy IMO and you'll have some change.

Reaction score
Country
i would go with mike on this as everyone on here is genuine and your be getting a good buy and ive heard bad story's bout piston head and seen some right dodgy buys on there but in the same way found cars to look alright on there sometimes, sorry i cant help with looking at it for you quiet fare from me

Reaction score
Country
If it is genuine and undamaged it does look very clean. But on photos a writeoff can look clean. I paid that for a full aero from torque gt and that's knowing that they had a good look over it. If you really like the car its werth a look make sure u have a good check over for damage or previous repairs and if you find anything look more into it. Doesn't look a rusty car at all though from the pics

Jay-pan

Reaction score
Country
I purchased my S15 off that company and can vouch for the seller being true, when i turned up he had my s15 up on ramps and gave me a torch so i could look for any damage myself and not just take his word. His names Greg, i purchased mine back last May still speak to him now and again actually he sent me a JDM calendar today lol.

That arrived in September/October of last year when i was speaking to him. He actually flies out to Japan himself to inspect the cars before buying. I only had one problem where the Speed converter failed on me, but no questions asked he sent me money to buy the NCS speed8 converter worth £60 which fixed the problem straight away. Few people on here have seen my S15 in person and can vouch its very clean, so by the looks of that i wouldn't doubt its true condition.

Oh and my S15 (2001) hasn't any rust at all, couldn't be happier with my purchase from him.

John-

Reaction score
Country
Thanks for all your replies! I have been checking the classifieds on here pretty much hourly! and I have looked at fruitbooters red spec R, and as good as it looks, I'm really looking for a white one, think I'm just getting impatient!
I might go down to look at this one then as it seems legit, I'm also in contact with torque gt, as I could wait a few months and get one imported.
quick question about the turbos, what are the disadvantages/advantages of the two different turbos fitted on spec R's?
Thanks guys!

Reaction score
Country
I'm also looking for a white one as well :D, Aero, But i'm impatient and lacking funds at the moment. ( I keep contemplating a Spec S but I know I wont be happy with one)
Currently bringing up the bank balance up for a spec r. I might just import when the time is right.

Hopefully you'll find a nice one, you'll probably be happier if you wait for the one you want, even if it has to be imported.

The one above looks alright, nice low milage as well, no rear spoiler always puts me off though.

As far as the 2 types of turbo's, I wasn't aware there was 2 types, how do you know which car has which turbo?

John-

Reaction score
Country
At the moment torque gt are trying to find me a decent white spec R aero!
Hopefully by the end of the week there will be one starting its journey to England for me!

I believe pre-2000 has a ball bearing turbo, and post-2000 has a ceramic one.

The advantages and disadvantages of these I'm unaware of.

Reaction score
Country
At the moment torque gt are trying to find me a decent white spec R aero!
Hopefully by the end of the week there will be one starting its journey to England for me!

I believe pre-2000 has a ball bearing turbo, and post-2000 has a ceramic one.

The advantages and disadvantages of these I'm unaware of.
you wont be disappointed with Torque gt i was very picky and kept changing my mind on what i wanted when they were looking for my s15 but they were very patient and got me the car i wanted and more the only bad thing is waiting the six weeks for it to get to the country
and with the different turbos that's what ive heard aswel, and apparently on lorry's ball bearing turbos are stronger and more reliable so id assume it to be the same with cars
good luck with the s15 John :)