What's new

s15 possible diff/suspension problems???

N

nissan_silvia_s15

ok guys heres my problem, when i'm in 1st gear taking off and get to 4 mayb 5k on the rev limiter i have a click/clunk noise. maybe its something to do with the nismo 2-way diff inside but i dont know? anyone able to help me?

Reaction score
I have a similiar kind of problem actully. When I change from 1st to 2nd i get a click/clunk from the rear. Dunno is it the diff or coilovers tho. Does yours clunk when changing gear??

N

nissan_silvia_s15

It's mainly when I floor it from taking off but sometimes wen I change gear, is this to do with the nismo 2-way diff or not?

N

nissan_silvia_s15

Took my coilovers and put standard shocks and springs in and it's still doing it!

Jay

Reaction score
i think i have a similar problem to this, and believe its either the g/box or engine mounts wearing. worth checking out as its a relatively cheap fix

Reaction score
Country
Mine does this on setting off makes a clunking noise from the rear. Mines standard so cant see it being your diff or coilovers i think it sounds like a mount thats worn as if something is moving. It does it more after reversing then moving forward