What's new

S15 Smoking Problem

W

Will.

Hey guys, theres a problem with my S15,

Last night I took it for a drive with a few mates, ended up refilling petrol for my S15 when My mates found out my car was smoking alot like it was burning something the smell was similar to " heatwrap" but I didn't have heat wrap, keep in mind my Idle was acting strange aswell, it usually idles at 800rpm, but in this case it was idling between 1500 - 2000RPM constantly,

Popped the bonnet and checked the oil, turns out I was low on oil!?!??! Bought some engine oil from the servo and topped up 1L until it was full, Took it for another drive for a good 10mins and the smoke came back again...

what could be the cause of this issue?

Thank you,
Will

meddler

It's not easy being a green text speak nazi
Staff member
Reaction score
Country
I would check your turbo lines. It is common for them to crack and leak oil onto the exhaust. It your exhaust stock, because it does have a fibre mat around it under some parts of the heat shield. Maybe that is what you are smelling. Not sure about the high idle.

LuPix_S15

Banned Toyota Lover
Reaction score
Website
www.lupix.co.uk
Country
^^^ +1

Work your way through starting from simple diagnosis:

1. Is there a pool of oil on the ground after the car has been parked up for a few hours?

2. Get hold of a torch and have a good look around the turbo area (mainly from underneath the car) especially after you've driven her around. Are there oily wet patches on any components from underneath the car?

Leaking standard turbo oil line as Meddler says is the most common issue...