What's new

S15 Unreliable start up

D

Dawie

I have a problem... Every now and again when I go to turn the key in my 2000 model S15 Silvia it fails to start. it is becoming a bit more frequent these days, when I turn the key all the way around it makes no ticking noises or anything. makes no sound at all and all the ignition/ dashboard light still work as normal. including indicators and everything else. but it just does not seem to "turn over" . Then when i role start it in 2nd gear it fires up. but as soon as i turn the car off and go to turn it back on.... it may or may not work. when im lucky it starts as normal, but most of the time i need a push :( I've thought about what the problem might be... could it be the alternator? but then my ignition/ dashboard lights and radio wouldn't work for long periods of time when the car is off? the battery fitted at the moment is very small in comparison to the original battery. but its a brand new battery. could it be that the battery is not holding enough charge for it to start up sweet every time?