What's new

FS: Silvia S15 Spec R Genuine 28000 mls

L

Loo

Hi Folks

I have a Beautiful Nissan Silvia Spec R for sale. Its a little unusual and would like your opinions on a valuation.

I work for a Nissan main dealer and basically my boss imported this car for his wife in 2000 when they were first launched as a new vehicle.

It has only done 28,000 miles and has a full Nissan service history.

Two owners from new, one being the bosses wife who only did 7000 miles and secondly an elderly gentlemen (a friend of mine) who did the remainder of the mileage.

It does not have the body kit or the rear spoiler and has not been tampered with or modified in any way.

It does have the jap sat nav and dash integrated TV.

Year 2000 W reg
Clarion CD System
28,000 miles
Full UK Nissan service history
Climate Control
12 months MOT
Boost Guage
Alloys
Sat Nav (jap)
Thatcham Alarm and immobiliser

I have been offered 8k by a trader.

The vehicle is in Birmingham and would welcome your thoughts or contact from anyone who may be interested. I am struggling to value it as any others I have seen for sale are modifed and higher mileage.

Apologies for bad photos! Will be taking some better ones over the weekend.

Reaction score
Hi there,
A nice example of a clean S15 you have for sale.

I would welcome seeing some more photos of the car as I might be in the market for a Spec-R as my Spec-S is leaving for a new owner.

Please PM me when you have them ready.
Thanks, Blinx :)

J

james_pa28

Hi, is this the car that was offered to Phil Morrison (Driftworks) I was talking to him about it before!

I'd be asking top money for this if I were you! Obviously depends how quickly you want rid of it ofcourse! Somewhere between ?11-13k!!!

You have te huge advantage that not only is this ridiculously low mileage but the whole history is from the UK which would be more reassuring for a potential buyer.

Personally I think it's a shame it hasn't got a spoiler (my opinion).

I'm not sure I'd even be happy being offered ?8k for mine and that has 69k on it!!!

You will need to log in to view it, but the thread below will have some good info for you... like I said I'm sure the car in question is the one you have for sale! :thumbs:

http://www.driftworks.com/forum/other-chat/51035-what-2000-s15-silvia-spec-28k-worth.html

L

Loo

Hi James

Yes, it is the car that Phil is talking about. He came to see it yesterday and had a look through the service history etc.

Thanks for the link.. it makes an interesting read!

Louise

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
I think i may know this car too,

if its the one i am thinking about, it had just arrived at the Nissan
dealer when i was buying a Primera GT.

It was Barons nissan in Bromsgrove.

I also agree 8k is too cheap with that low mileage.

L

Loo

Crikey! you have a good memory! spot on............you are correct.

P

Pazz

There is great difficultly in valuing a car with history like this one.

On the one hand it has the many plus points:
- Low mileage
- Reliablity of mileage through service history
- UK previous owners

On the other hand it has the following negative points:
- Underbody rust thanks to being subjected to UK climate etc
- The quality of Nissan Service History could be debated (no trained Nissan UK technicians)

Either way I suppose mileage talks so I would value the car around the ?11k mark.

It also has a strange spec, I thought all Spec R's came with Aero Skirts + Spoiler. Obviously not the early ones, or it was requested on order :confused:

P

pablo

13k if i was buying. if its a clean as the pictures i wouldn't think twice about it

L

Loo

I worked for Barons Nissan in Bromsgrove for over 10 years where we serviced this vehicle.
I have all original VAT invoices from the customer.
I still have the phone number of the technician who did all the servicing on this car and he was the "hitec technician" for Barons - however aside from the servicing no other work was ever needed to be done on it

There is no under body rust but there is some underneath the battery, apparantly "in the same place as the s14's"

Due to the fact that it was an eary import it had the SVA test rather than the ESVA

Louise

Reaction score
Website
www.coordsport.com
Lousie,

Its a small world isnt it :wack:

The techy i knew was called Ian [ was with Sue for years ]

The staff at Barons knew their Nissans well :thumbs:

I also remember that the s15 had a freqent flat battery due to everyone
playing with the eletricals & having such a small battery :rotfl:

kimi -x-

H

Hostile Smoker

Sure you'll have no problem selling this but if it does come down to trading it in for 8k then let me know & I'll take it off your hands straight away! :D

M

Matt_S

Nice car. I too posted on the DW thread and have referred to it here already. Such a hard car to price but I think I already said ?12k ish :)

D

DriftR

if your selling for 8k mate, and are looking for a trade, i will mate
latest facelift 2000 Honda Civic EK9 Type RX, mint inside and out and running perfect. The car is not for sale btw, but for the right s15 i would trade. and the price and mileage would make it a gaurantee in my books i would.
PM if your interested becuase i AM VERY much so interested!!
full details of ek9 can be sent.