What's new

spec s performance

G

Ger Keane

hey lads, im looking at getting a spec s and just wondering performance-wise what other cars would be close to her on power? i know the spec s pushes out around 165bhp but would it be faster than a celica gt because of the weight difference? and also a levin bzr? it would be a shame if the spec s was only on the same level of power as the bzr!

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I spent two days trawling the Net for Jap Performance Mag a couple of years ago trying to find performance figures for the Spec S. I wasn't successful, I'm afraid...

G

Ger Keane

Autech Version

I spent two days trawling the Net for Jap Performance Mag a couple of years ago trying to find performance figures for the Spec S. I wasn't successful, I'm afraid...
ya ive spent hours at work looking for spec s info without much success when i really should be working! are there many people that have the autech version? Is that just a Spec S tuned to 200BHP??

P

Paddy mack

bhp?

I have currently got a Spec S and I've own one or two other performance N/A jap car before. the spec S isn't what you would call rapid more nippy. but it will beat the socks off many of the jap toys that are out there. the levin is a annoying little bugger its just not a powerful as people think. a mate has one and its a black top and its just not fast. the real jap sleeper is the colt mivec or mirage mivec they are really fast there are 173 bhp but weight as much as postage stamp so they are a trill to drive handle really well had one for two years. it was the coupe a rare rx-R model. ireland is full of mivecs at the moment. and the civic type R is another little gem. will surpise you! and not forgetting the pulsar vzr 170 bhp and the ultra rare N1 version with 200BHP stndard the most powerful 1.6 ever made.
there are a few autech silivas in ireland at the min but i never drove one.

look up www.carzone.ie and see whats for sale here there are more grey/jap imports in ireland per head of population that any ither country world wide!! you'll find here

G

Ger Keane

cheers bud, i appreciate that. as long as its faster than my mates bzr thats all good :) ! any idea how she would compare to a gen 6 celica gt? one of my mates has one. its supposed to be about 180bhp, ive driven it and its fast enough but its fair heavy. been looking on carzone and there is a 99 spec s for sale in dublin for under 12k. sounds too good to be true!

P

Paddy mack

cheap

sorry kid that sound too good to be true I paid 16K for my 2000 spec s in january. and i looked at some in dublin that were grade 4 cars but were nothung of the sort, most were wrecked body work on one was awful. there is one in mayo on carzone silver in the same place i got mine. very clean. plus its got nismo clocks and a SS exhaust, is arrived after i bought mine them was sorry if had the chance i,d have bought it for sure.