What's new

Spec S.........R20DET

D

dannyc6

Well lads said id put this up here been fairly depressed since I sold my last silvia
So I said Id try and get an s15 as Ive never had one so looked at a few spec R's but they were all seriously rough really was amazed at how rough they were! So mechanic buddy suggested a spec s conversion so I got some info off people on here mostly and decided it was my best bet, so I bought one off here
It was completely standard spec s apart from the 18" rotas which suit the colour quite nicely I reckon. So then the hunt for the conversion bits began and after looking and looking I was lucky enough a local lad who I had contacted about an engine said I could take hes silvia so collected it that night was great piece of mind being able to drive the car home instead of picking an engine off the ground
This had most of the bits I needed including front mount cusco coilovers apex exhaust strut brace wiring loom ecu and all those bits prop shaft etc also had bigger sump the brakes i needed with bigger discs too and manifoldso then the work began
Ive skipped a few steps but thats the sr20det in the 15 cusco coilovers in
sits a bit better now
better stopping from white 14 aswell

Last edited:
D

dannyc6

Now I started buying bits for it had a standard elbow and downpipe so bought them off japspeed
the downpipe splits into two and back to one to prvent the problem of the big 3inch pipe being too low and hitting everything

Also picked up a vertex kit off Drive n Style cheapest I could find

Got some LED rear lights from Taiwan

Look well on the car

One headlight inside was after getting damp and damaged so i split them open and Im still debating what to do go matt black, carbon dip or same colour as car

D

dannyc6

Picked up some black recaros out of a dc2 love these seats was looking for brides but got sick of looking and how expensive they are was off putting

some clear side repeaters I hate amber on any car also have hid's dips and fulls and led everything from dash clocks to reverse lights there is nothing in the car but Leds and hids ha ha

Will get more pics up when i get car back from bodyshop the fibreglass kits arent the best theres a lot of work going into it pity couldnt be a plastic kit like my last car definately worth the extra money

D

dannyc6

Decided the cusco coilovers were just too hard for the road I went and bought these brand new in the box off a lad on here

Also have a nardi torino and 4 swoosh gauges to mount in the vents and one on pillar pod there defi style look good quality anyway and you can calibrate them Im a calibration tech so will take one in to work when i get a chance see how accurate they are

Reaction score
Country
Instagram
@Peglio13
That was a cool lookig 14 dude! Look like you got some decent plans for this car too,good way to get a clean car do a conversion the spec s seem to be a lot cheaper and tidier than most R's
Look forward to seeing the kit fitted mate. Do you have any pics of the seats fitted at all? Been looking at them myself

Last edited:
D

dannyc6

Thanks man,the seats wont be in for a while getting car back tomorrow night so suspension first then a leaking manifold gasket and then seats I'll update as I go get a good pic for ya there a seriously comfy seat can be picked up in Ireland for 350euro the pair have bought two sets at that price or even get worn ones you can buy replacement bolsters and bits online

Reaction score
Country
Hmmm, the seats have got me thinking too!! your dead right though, bloody brides are so expensive, how much are the rails then for your recaros... roughly??

And as for the inside of the headlights, spray them black, as thats the colous of the spec r lights, but above all else........ dont spray them the same colour as the car!! that looks extremely max power!!

D

dannyc6

Hmmm, the seats have got me thinking too!! your dead right though, bloody brides are so expensive, how much are the rails then for your recaros... roughly??

And as for the inside of the headlights, spray them black, as thats the colous of the spec r lights, but above all else........ dont spray them the same colour as the car!! that looks extremely max power!!
Havent looked into rails yet they came with dc2 integra rails so I can sell them and purchase rails or modify a set of 14a rails to take them will have to look into it, the lights have been sprayed black and are back on the car !!

D

dannyc6

Picked it up the other night no BMW spoiler :( but looks well still lots to do
[/IMG]

D

dannyc6

I agree, when we installed exhaust from s14 it was sitting out and down a fair bit but I said I'd wait until the new rear bumper was fitted before making any adjustments will be looking into it soon!

D

dannyc6

Got a few pics done today still not finished but the offer of a few pics was there so I said why not!!

D

dannyc6

Needs more low and adjust exhaust and polish and recaros installed then I'll get more pics!