What's new

Speedo probleeeeeeeeem!! Heelp

M

mjestyk

oks, well i've searched and read raduga's thread about his speedo problem, but i dont know if that helped. So i am making a new thread.
the problem with my s15 is that my speedo is 'sticky'.

when slowing down from 80km/h it would get stuck at around about 40km, same with speeding up, and i don't know what the problem is.

the only thing i've done recently was install a headunit, and the problem occured after that, but i don't think i've really noticed before that. one of my mate reckons its the speedo cable, i've done 97 000k's on the car, theres s14's and s15's out there with higher K's and havn't had this problem. thinking that maybe when i installed my headunit i musta bumped something or done something.

if someone could help, be much appreciated, otherwise its off to the mechanics :(.

Yakozan

Sweedish Chef
🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Could be a earthing problem. Not sure how the wires go to the speedo, but if it shares earth with the headunit it might be a problem. You could try running a separate earth for the headunit.

M

mjestyk

hey mate, i have 2 earths for my headunit, 1 earth is for the headunit it self and the second earth was for a wire that was s'pose to be plugged into my handbrake so when the hand brake was activated the dvd player would allow to watch the dvd, so in order to fix this and have the dvd play while driving i just earthed that wire.

so this could be the problem?