What's new

Splitfire Ignition Coils (missing the "box")

S

superbike81

I bought a S15 SpecR motor to swap into my SpecS. It's got the blue Splitfire coils, and all the wiring with it to connect them like stock, however, I am missing the ignition amplifier box (left side of the picture). Will the coils work like stock without the amplifier box, or is it required for the car to even work?

Thanks!

J

Jpower

The S15 don't use the resistor modules like the S14.

S15 only use the coil packs by themselves.

Last edited:
S

superbike81

Thank god! LOL. I was going nuts. I guess I'm too used to S13 and S14 motors. I didn't even realize the 15 coil packs had the ignitor built in until a few days ago. I wondered why I couldn't find an S15 ignitor chip on Yahoo Japan. I feel like an idiot, but I'm happy now :)

I can pick up my exhaust now instead of worrying about buying new coil packs.

Thanks a ton guys! This site has been so much help. I'm doing my motor/tranny swap on the 18th and 19th of this month, so I'll post up pics in the garage section.

Cheers!

M

Matt_S

I had the same fright when I opened up my box of SPlitfires, having seen the amount of kit you get for S14s!

T

tripleJs15

Well I got a new Splitfire setup for a S14 (DSI-004) is there any way this thing can work on an s15 ?

M

Matt_S

Yeah. Just use the coil packs! :D

In effect, the Splitfire setup converts S13 and S14 SRs to S15 spec by taking out the ignition amp circuit. Thats what the box is. THen you get all the looms to connect between the old amp and new box. Then you get the brackets to mount on the cam cover to take the slimmer S15 sized coil packs. THey will bolt right in to an S15 cam cover without the brackets.

:thumbs:

Last edited: