What's new

Standard Boost gauge

Reaction score
Hi guys having prob with mine thought i read a thread on them before here somewhere but cant find it.

Basically drove my s15 home yest it was a long journey 500 miles but after bout first half hour driving the boost gauge needle just went round to the -7 as if the boost hose had come off something like that but stopped up the road later on for fuel when stated the car again the gauge worked for maybe a minute then did the same again.Got off the boat and it worked again but today it stopped.Was wondering where the hose connects to to get its reading so i can check it and if theres anything else to check

Regards
Rob

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Check the thin plastic hose connected to the boost sensor on the driver front suspension strut. It splits very easily.

Reaction score
alright here goes changed that bit of pipe between the sensor ant the t piece just before the std dumpvalve and it worked for a bit but then went off again.Took the main plug into the sensor off made sure it was clean put it on it worked for a bit then the gauge went up to 1 bar then all the way round to -7 again as if it was off while car was idleing.Is there anything else i should check?

Reaction score
it will be in the - whilst the car is idling.... does it go to + when giving it some beans?

P

PhilV

i havent had this but as a pre-emptive question, whats a good fix? a better thicker hose? hmmmm

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Some 5mm samco shoudl do the job, hasnt happened to yet..... although this is the 1st time ive said that, so will prob happen soon :rolleyes:

M

MazzyMan

I had mine popped out once before...now i have lined as much silicone hose as mush as possible with cable ties locking up at joints.

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
Did mine with a silicon replacement. Now its detached, due to oil temp being in the pod and the EVC being my boost gauge. :)

Reaction score
still doing the same thing even with the pipe replaced i give up was hoping to get a defi gauge anyway so will be grand

H

Hank S15

Does the sensor only for for the boost gauge, or does it have other ECU functions.
Replaced the standard gauge with a Defi one, but would like to know if the sensor has any other functions before removing it.

Oh, and to keep on topic. Replaced my line a while ago... didnt look in too good a condition :D