What's new

Standard Injector Limit

J

johnnyhillen

Just bought an s14a and it is supposed to have the injectors uprated to the standard s15 injectors, but what is the power limit of the s15 injectors and what do they look like so i know if they have been fitted?

i recently checked the plugs and they are pure white so she is under fueling

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
These are 440s

Have you got some form of fuelling computer installed (eg. Emanage, S-AFC, Power FC)? You can't just install bigger injectors and expect the ECU to cope with them. This would cause under-fuelling, leaness and det... :eek:

You need to get this sorted ASAP... :nod:

Reaction score
them 440's look identical to the 740's i have sat here! LOL

they're nismo red topped....

Reaction score
yea, my nismo's are red... just in that first picture, the lighting makes the 440's look red too... :)

J

johnnyhillen

the car is as i bought it, it has power fc and commander, the car is running 340bhp but above 5000rpm she is running lean, so i haven't been and won't be taking her above that till its sorted,

she didn't seem to be det cause the knock sensr on the power fc isn't showing it but it is using the standard sensor and i have heard it is rubbish

as far as i know the injector size can be changed with out remapping on the power fc by increasing a percentage, am i right or talking rubbish?

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I would have said you should be on 555s at least if that power figure is anywhere near correct. I wasn't comfortable running 280rwbhp (~325 fly) on 440s and fitted 740s (same price as 555s).

Yes and no to the PFC mapping. Running by injector adjustment is only meant to be a temporary measure until you get it properly mapped. In the circumstances, the leanness over 5000rpm isn't entirely surprising.

What other mods has it got to achieve 340?

J

johnnyhillen

hks nur spec, apex manifold, apex fmic, race battery, organic clutch, gt28rs turbo, apexi avc r, power fc, s15 injectors, 255 fuel pump, still got all standard internals and standard head gasket

think thats most of it,

from what i can tell the rest all seem to be up to it, i don't like that the tubro is near its safe limit of 350bhp, but it is its safe limit and the head gasket would need replaced so when funds permit.

thanks fellas, does anyone know anyone in northern ireland who can program the power fc properly