What's new

Standard S15 front seats

G

Ger Keane

hey lads, just wondering do the standard S15 seats offer much back support and are they comfortable for journeys of 2 hours or so? one of the reasons i got rid of my MX5 was the seats being so uncomfortable. grand on a short journey but not on any journey over an hour long or so :no:

Nicely

Moving on...
Founder of S15OC
Reaction score
Website
www.jull.net
Country
I find them comfortable and supportive. Much better than the S14 leather. Ask Topper. He just did two 11 hour drives in them :)

sushiming

🔥 Contributing Member 🔥
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
lol yeh they are comfy to be honest best standard seats ive sat in really but i liked the buckets seats too much hehe:D

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Got a numb bum after the 11hour trip'S!

Most of the way they were good, infact, for long journeys they are good, for short jouneys i'd prefer more side and leg support :)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
I would love to have your seats in my car :nod:, at least mine wouldnt look like a Teg :D

G

Ger Keane

excellent thats what i was hoping!
picking up the car mid next week, cant wait, countin down the minutes.
ive been without a car now for 6 weeks so i better not get too excited too early, it will all be about keeping her between the lines! :)

Topper

Flying Scotsman
Reaction score
Website
www.s15oc.com
Country
Duno what you were driving before this, but take it easy, dont get stuck in right away. get used to her 1st before nailing it :thumbs:

If you've had an S14 or something, just forget what i have just said :D

B

baynz

i do really love my front seats, never driven a car with such comfy seats.

G

Ger Keane

Duno what you were driving before this, but take it easy, dont get stuck in right away. get used to her 1st before nailing it :thumbs:

If you've had an S14 or something, just forget what i have just said :D
was drivin an mx5 up to this so it will be a fair difference i reckon. the ship was delayed with bad weather so only getting to pick it up this week.
how many minutes til wednesday!:p

S

SX2002

I am disabled (severe spinal injuries) and love the stock seats in my S15.
I tend to feel that a lot of "family" type (non sports car) cars have seats that are too soft and these give me bumbago! (technical term for sore a--e)
My longest run was about 3 hours (300 kilometers) and I had no trouble.

S

superbike81

I really like R32 GT-R seats, they are very supportive, while still being comfy, and not too narrow for a bigger guy like myself (6'2" 235lbs). A friend has them in his S15, and we both prefer them to the S15 stock seats. I haven't been in a trip over 3 hours in them, but the three hours were just fine.

J

j0nbubz

When I first got my S15 and having a few drives in it, I was very surprised at how comfy they are!

I always thought by look that they would not mould + hold you very well.

Not the best of course, but for standard factory seats- they get my vote!

Reaction score
:thumbs: spot on and I normally complain about car seats - probably due to my height