What's new

Strange fault any ideas???

F

freebird

Ok here's how the story go's, I have just got my car running again folowing a rebuild after blowing it up on the track. Done 500 kms and all seems well, so time for the first oil change. Filter and oil changed, right now start the car! Nothing, no dash lights no ignition, nothing, now I am an engineer and I do now that its nothing to do with the oil change before anyone states the bleeden obvious. So I have checked the fuses in the engine bay and the drivers foot well and they seem fine, I have also checked for any wires that may have pulled off but nothing. So my question is where to go next, I’m a mechanical engineer not electrical so electricery is a mystery to me. To sum up head lights and horn work fine just no power to the ignition.

Any thoughts??? :confused:

F

freebird

Thanks LK, I had a look at the 30amp fuseable links but didn't see the 75amp I will have a look tonight.

Cheers

Reaction score
If it is a fuse I would try and workout why it blew. You might have an electical fault somewhere(bad earth)

F

freebird

Well I sorted it last night, it was the 100 amp fusable link in the engine bay fuse box, the only thing I can think of is that I accidently shorted the + on the Alt with the oil filter wrench, Ooops

Thanks guys